cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

getting started with nwdi: cant create development component

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi folks,

recently im trying to get in touch with the NWDI.

So far i created a "Application Skeleton" and did an "Development Configuration" import with the NWDS,

using the "Import from System Landscape Directory (SLD)" function.

But now i cant create any DC below my SC "WebDynpro"- why is that?

[Please see the following screenshot.|http://s3.imgimg.de/uploads/nwdnwds97955944png.png]

Also i'm wondering why i can not expand the other SCs (SAP-JEE, SAP_BUILDT & SAP_JTECHS),

shouldn't they be delivered with their sources and thus be expandable?

regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

shreyas_pandya
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Mirko,

Your SC (WebDynpro) is missing the build time dependencies.

Kindly follow the below mentioned steps to resolve the issue...

1) Open the following URL to access NWDI web interface

www.http://<hostname>:<port number>/devinf

2) goto Change Management Services

3) Open System Landscape Directory

4) Click on Software Components

5) Here in the Filter give your Software Component name (WebDynpro)

6) after the serach is over select your SC in the table and the below displayed tabs goto Dependencies.

7) in the Context dropdown chose "BuildTime"

😎 click on "Define Prerequisite Software Component Versions"

7) In the Name column of the table search for the SC dependencies that are shown in your error screenshot one by one (i.e. SAP-JEE, SAP_BUILDT, SAP_JTECHS) and add it as a dependencies.

[Important Note: for developing webdynpro application you will also need to add WD-RUNTIME component too, as a build time dependency]

😎 once you are done with this, go back to the 2nd step mentioned above.

9) Goto the Landscape Configurator link.

10) Chose your track inside the table on the left side.

11) goto the Domain Data option, Click on the "Change" button, and then click on "Update CMS" button (This may take some time)

12) once the CMS Update is finished, open the "Track Data" link that is beside "Domain Data"

13) Now click on the "Change" button, from the software component (SCs) table remove the WebDynpro SC, and add it back once again.

14) Save the Track Data.

15) Now goto Transport Studio, make sure your track is selected in the table

16) In the Check-In Tab select all the components displayed in the "Check-In" button.

17) Once the Check-In operation is completed all those component will now be queued up in the Development Tab,

18) In the Development Tab select all the components & click on "Import"

19) Once the Import operation is completed all those component will now be queued up in the Consolidation Tab,

20) In the Consolidation Tab select all the components & click on "Import"

21) Now come back to your NWDS and remove the configuration that you have imported previously and then again load the same configuration once again from the SLD.

This should resolve your problem...

Please revert in case the issue still persists.

Regards,

Shreyas Pandya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Shreyas,

many thanks, to your detailed explanation on what is to do or check!

Sadly my problem couldn't be solved this way.

I checked that the SCs 'SAP-JEE', 'SAP_BUILDT' and 'SAP_JTECHS' are defined as BuildTime dependencies and they already were.

But i had to add the mentioned SC 'WD-RUNTIME', which i finally did.

Following your instructions i now had to update the CMS and check in the defined SCs.

And here's my problem:

In the Check-In tab only appears one component ('BASETABLES') the others are missing!?

Any idea what could cause this problem?

Once again i took some screenshots...

[Software Catalog|http://s3.imgimg.de/uploads/nwdisoftwarecataloge52bd001png.png]

[Transportstudio|http://s3.imgimg.de/uploads/nwditransportstudioed37838bpng.png]

regards

Mirko

shreyas_pandya
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Mirko,

I am glad that, i could guide you till here.

Please make sure you have added the below mentioned Buildtime Depedencies to your SCs.

These dependencies are mandatory for the Webdynpro projects.

ENGFACADE

ENGINEAPI

FRAMEWORK

WD-RUNTIME

SAP_BUILDT

After you have added the dependencies,

Go back to the CMS Track and repeat the Update CMS step once again.

Then, again refer to the 12th point mentioned in my last post follow the rest of the steps after it till 14th step.

After performing 14th step, you will get a Pop Up that will display the dependency modifications done in the SC (If the new dependecy was added the the status in the last column will show "New", or else the status will be "Reimport")

Please do not click on "Save" button, instead click on the "Save & Reimport" button.

Once this operation is over, continue from the 15th step as usual.

Please revert with you findings.

Regards,

Shreyas Pandya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Shreyas,

unfortunately i have some trouble defining the needed dependencies.

ENGFACADE & ENGINEAPI don't appear in the dialog, where dependencies can be defined - [Screenshot|http://s3.imgimg.de/uploads/nwdiscbtdependency3ff45476png.png].

regards

Mirko

shreyas_pandya
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Mirko,

If the dependencies ENGFACADE & ENGINEAPI are already added to your SC, then those will not appear in the screen that you have attached in your trailing post, I would suggest you to check it once again.

Even after doing so if the issue still persists, then Iu2019m afraid to say that your System Landscape Directory (SLD) is indeed missing those Software Components.

Please ask your BASIS team to add all the required missing standard SCs in SLD.

Regards,

Shreyas Pandya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shreyas,

i finally did figured it all out and now its working... thanks again to your support.

After a little talk to my BASIS guys, they did an import of CR deltas on our SLD.

Afterwards the missing BuildTime dependencies were available and could be addad to the track.

regards

Mirko

Answers (0)