cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC , IDoc , XI and JDBC receiver communication channel--- Good Design

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We have developed around 60+ interfaces on PI7.1 EHP1, in that 20 interfaces sending data to Data Base using JDBC receiver communication channel, 15 interfaces ABAP inbound proxy using XI adapter,10 Scenarios using IDoc receiver channel and 15 scenarios using RFC receiver channel.

But I have created only one IDoc, XI , JDBC and RFC channel.

Is it right idea/design or do I need to create more channels to handle multiple request.

Please share your thoughts on this.

Regards,

JAM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Is it right idea/design or do I need to create more channels to handle multiple request.

This is fine. There is no need to create extra channels.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks friends..

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you requirement is to deal with same SAP system then you might not need extra communication channels. similary if you are dealing with the same database you dont need additional jdbc channels. You are pretty much doing the right way. We dont need to overkill resources by creating too many redundant configuration objects.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For XI,RFC and Idoc when it's pointing to one SAP system you don't need any further comm channels.

For JDBC , if you are pointing to only one database you can use the same channel, if the target/databse changes you need more comm channels.

Your Design is as per the standards.

Regards,

Sainath Chutke

Former Member
0 Kudos

That is Fine no need to create extra communication channels .

Regards,

Ravi.