Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File to File scenario testing

former_member186021
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I'm testing the File to File scenarios in a PI 7.0 system. But I find a problem, hope to get some suggestions.

This PI 7.0 system is installed in two servers. Suppose instance CI is installed in server A, and DI instance is installed in server B.

First File to File scenario:

Create two new business systems(technical system type are standalone)

And the file folders are created in the PI operation systems.

The file paths are /tmp/xi_file_in and /tmp/xi_file_out respectively.

Here are the testing result:

(1) Testing file1 is put in the server B. No message is created by PI.

(2) Testing file1 is put in the server A. It disappeared succcessfully. And the result file is created in the server A.

(3) Testing file2 is put in A, and new file is created in A.

(4) Testing file3 is put in A, and new file is created in A.

-

Second File to File scenario:

Create two new business systems(technical sytem type are third party)

And the file folders are created in the PI operation systems.

The file paths are /tmp/xi_file_in and /tmp/xi_file_out respectively.

Here are the testing result:

(2) Testing file1 is put in the server A. It disappeared successfully, and the result file is created in the server A.

(3) Testing file2 is put in the server A. It disappeared successfully, and the result file is created in the server B.

(4) Testing file3 is put in the server A. It disappeared successfully, and the result file is created in the server A.

(5) Testing file4 is put in the server A. It disappeared successfully, and the result file is created in the server B.

-

So this testing result is make me very confused.

1. Why does the file only could be put in CI system?

2. In the first scenario, the result files are always created in the CI server operation system.But in the second scenario, sometimes the result file are created in the DI server operation system.

I don't know what reason makes this happen. Please help to take a look, any suggestion is very appreciated.

Best Regards,

Winters

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> 1. Why does the file only could be put in CI system?

To avoid double messages, only one server node is used for file sender adapter. It is choosen randomly and can change when the channel is stopped and restarted.

> 2. In the first scenario, the result files are always created in the CI server operation system.But in the second scenario, sometimes the result file are created in the DI server operation system.

Same as above. The difference here is, that the receiver adapter is running only, when a message is procesed, so between two messages the server node can change.

Your findings are nice to see, how the file adapter works when you have several servers, but it has no practical use, as in a life scenario, files are picked up from remote locations and not stored on file system of PI system.

former_member186021
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

I checked the File access again, but still couldn't find the reason. They're totally same in two servers. Many thanks for your information.

Hi Stefan,

I think you're right. Thanks very much for your detail explanation.

Best Regards

Winters

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

By the way: You can see in communication channel monitoring which server is active for the channel.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

just a try;

when you place the file in server B; can you provide authorization/access 777 to this file? and check

former_member186021
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Prabhu,

I've tried this. The file still could not be read.

Hi Stefan,

I've seen the monitor, and both server is active and green light on.

Thanks very much for all your kindly suggestion!

Best Regards,

Winters

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is the file getting picked by the Communication channel? If no then it can be due to missing authorization for server B....If you are using Delete mode in your file channel then ensure that the user is having Delete rights on the folder maintained in server B.

But in the second scenario, sometimes the result file are created in the DI server operation system.

It ideally should not happen....have you defined any routing rules?

Regards,

Abhishek.

former_member186021
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi abhishek,

Thanks very much for your reply.

In the first scenario, I change to read-only mode in the communication channel, but it still can only be read from the server A.

In the second scenario, I didn't set any routing rules. It's so strange.

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
In the first scenario, I change to read-only mode in the communication channel, but it still can only be read from the server A.

Changing the mode may not help if you dont have the access itself....check if the user that you have used in the file channel to connect to the folder has enough permission to read/ write/ delete contents.

Are you servers (A and B) exactly the same (backend configuration-wise)?

Regards,

Abhishek.