cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOAP--->RFC best design

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have developed SOAPu2014> RFC scenario synchronous and I have used sender side SOAP adapter receiver side RFC adapter, it is working fine.

But I am thinking to go with best design, I know if I replace RFC adapter with ABAP Proxy, performance will be good, but in my case due to some limitation I canu2019t go with ABAP proxy.

Nest alternative is;

1) Going with Advanced adapter engine, I am on PI7.1 EHP1, so I can go with that. But I canu2019t see messages in MONI, due to this, no AAE.

2) Sending message directly to IE using SOAP adapter XI3.0 as message protocol, but I am not sure about this concept, can any one put some light on this.like any chnages required in WSDL.

If any one has inputs pls share with me.

Regards,

Jam

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
1) Going with Advanced adapter engine, I am on PI7.1 EHP1, so I can go with that. But I canu2019t see messages in MONI, due to 
this, no AAE.

using this you should be able to achieve a better level of monitoring/ logging: /people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2010/04/28/pixi-target-message-logging-with-local-aae-not-possible-not-anymore (not for mapping errors)

2) Sending message directly to IE using SOAP adapter XI3.0 as message protocol, but I am not sure about this concept, can any one put some light on this.like any chnages required in WSDL.

/people/stefan.grube/blog/2006/09/21/using-the-soap-inbound-channel-of-the-integration-engine

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks expert for your valuable inputs,

if i go with second option

any changes required in WSDL, because i have published my sender agrement in service registry direclty and i have shared wsdl url with third party team.

in this case i dont require any communication channel right?

Regards,

JAM

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

message-structure-wise the WSDL file will not change...however the URL will be different and hence you will have to make the necessary changes (SR and client team)

Update:

in this case i dont require any communication channel right?

Yes

Add &QualityOfService=ExactlyOnce to your URL if it is an Async (EO) scenario.

Regards,

Abhishek.

Edited by: abhishek salvi on Dec 21, 2010 2:07 PM

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks stefan and salvi..you people really helpfull.

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> 1) Going with Advanced adapter engine, I am on PI7.1 EHP1, so I can go with that. But I canu2019t see messages in MONI, due to this, no AAE.

If you have performance issues, then use Intergated Configuration anyway. In a sync scenario you need no explicit monitoring as the sender of the message receives an error message with error reason.

If you have no issues, then just leave your scenario as it is.