cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Make RPM Item field "cProjects Template" non-mandatory

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I see (from previos configurations) that the "cProjects Template" field on the "Create New Item" screen ("General Information" tab page) has been made mandatory. For some tests/analysis I need to have this non-mandatory. I don't see how this can be done in spro... Whereas several other fields can be made mandatory/hidden/read only etc., there's no such detail for the "cProjects Template" field. How to go about?

Summary:

The "cProjects Template" field on the RPM "General Information" tab page, under "Create New Items", is to be made non-mandatory.

Thanks...

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

This field is mandatory when you want to create cProject (check checkbox Create Project on Saving). The field attributes could be managed by creation of a Post Exit method of WDDOMODIFYVIEW method of view VI_GEN_INFO (WDC: /RPM/ITEM_DETAILS).

Data: lr_cpro_templ Type Ref To cl_wd_dropdown_by_key.

lr_cpro_templ ?= view->get_element( `CPROJECTTEMPLATE` ).

lr_cpro_templ->...

Please share if you face any issues. However you would need this field if you want to create a cProject simultaneously.

Best regards,

Abir

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not talking about the checkbox for auto-creation of cProjects from item.

I am talking about the "cProjects Template" drop down which you find on the "General Information" tab page.

This, by default, is non-mandatory. However, on the system that I am working, this is mandatory (courtesy some configs done prior to my work). And I now want it back to default (non-mandatory).

Former Member
0 Kudos

check the IMG setting Portfolio Mgmt -> Global Customizing -> Global Settings -> Override Default Global Settings

Check the entry for "User Interface Settings" - "Proj. Mgmt Template Mandatory <Mandatory='X' Not Mandatory=' '>".

If it is `X`, change it to ``.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I doubt if you can do this by config for release before 5.0, as what is suggest above is for PPM 5.0.

If you are on 5.0 then you can refer to note: [1481066|https://websmp201.sap-ag.de/~form/handler?_APP=01100107900000000342&_EVENT=REDIR&_NNUM=1481066&_NLANG=E]

For earlier release you need to write it in BADI

Niranjan

Edited by: Niranjan Dandekar on Dec 21, 2010 5:59 PM