cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABAP Inbound Proxy issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a file to ABAP Inbound proxy scenario for creating vendor in SAP.

When I execute from SPROXY test tab, vendor is created in SAP.

But when i test end to end i.e by feeding the file adapter with the vendor file i don't see the vendor creating in SAP.

The message is successful in PI moni and in ABAP moni. Cant see any errors

Appreciate your inputs in this solving this please

Keerthi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member189420
Active Participant
0 Kudos

>

> The message is successful in PI moni and in ABAP moni. Cant see any errors

Hello Keerthi,

I was facing the same issue. I found that we can use SXMB_MONI and SMQ2 in the SAP side as well (Backend ABAP System where the Server Proxy is created). If you are able to see the messages in SXMB_MONI of the ERP system then your proxy is working fine however, have problems in ERP System. Follow through the error message it will be easy for you to perform error analysis.

You can ignore if you have already done it!

Thanks & Regards,

Anand Patil

former_member189420
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hey Keerthika,

Did you find any solution for your problem? I am also facing similar problem. Not able to judge whether the call is getting made or not. Please let me know if it is working for you now.

Thanks & Regards,

Anand Patil

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

check your ABAP code, if you have a sufficient error handling, that means any return code from used BAPI or FM, or any update on table should result into an application exception of the inbound proxy.

If no vendor is created and no exception is raised, then your ABAP code is wrong.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In proxy scenario testing which user did you try with? did this user has the required authorization to

In end-2-end testing check for the user authorization.

Former Member
0 Kudos

are you trying to duplicate the vendor master?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Message is successfully transferred to SAP ECC, this doesn't mean that it shouldnt have any application related errors. Please check what data you are receiving in SAP ECC. Whether the data is relevant for creation of a vendor in SAP.

Regards

Praveen K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Agreed,

But the same payload when used in SPROXY Test, the vendor gets created, It means there's no issue with the data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Since you didn't explicitly mention it, check your inbound queue (transaction SMQ2) to see if the message is stuck there for some reason (e.g. previously failed messages or queue is not registered). If that doesn't help the only other thing that I can think of at the moment might be commit handling (i.e. is a commit possibly lacking in your coding); not sure if applicable in SPROXY, but often the test frameworks behave quite different when it comes to commit's (i.e. set them explicitly and thus data appears during tests, but doesn't when executing the coding outside the test framework).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Keethika,

Strange.

You can set a breakpoint in your inbound proxy and test the scenario.

See any input you get out of it.

Regards

Praveen K