cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which SAP FI certification to choose?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

Can some one please guide me through in choosing which SAP FI certification to choose. I am planning to write one before dec31 or sometime in january 2011.

I see options available for FI application associate are:

1..C_TFIN52_05 - SAP Certified Solution Consultant Financials - Financial Accounting with SAP ERP 2005

2. C_TFIN52_64 - SAP Certified Application Associate - Financial Accounting with SAP ERP 6.0 EHP4

So i am taking SAP certification for the first time. Which one is good for first timers? What are differences between both of those available certifications? Which is more easy ? Syllabus material looked almost same for both of them.

Any pointers on this will be great!! Thanks and Happy Vacation..

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

The previous version of SAP FI certification in based on ECC 6.0 and the passing % is 55%

The newer version, i.e., TFIN52_64 is based on BS 7.0 and the passing % has been increased to 66%

As per the certification goes, if in case u r going for it after dec 2010.... u will only have the option of the newer version with a passing % of 66....

Rest the exam pattern is same for both, its just the competency lvl has increased a bit and the newer version focuses more on Netweaver as an individual scoring section as compared to the older version which had only sol. man, erp in that scroing section. Rest the content is same for both....

Regards,

Prashant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Prashanth.

Do you know if both of them has any different validity dates. I mean if a certification validity has to expire then first one to go away will be TFIN52_05 and then comes TFIN52_64...Is this assumption right?

Also if planning to take exam in month of dec...do you think is it a good option to choose TFIN52_05 or TFIN52_64?

Please bear with my silly questio..Just trying to take opinion from other people ..

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Raj,

I compeletely understand your situtaion, actually the thing is that tfin52_05 is the module that will be waved off this month. So no more certification is possible onto that module and in case u have nt registered yet the in that case no institute will gv u admission into that module as u need to complete 200 hrs of training bfr u appear for the certification.

So the only option left with u is tfin52_64 which is the latest module and comparatively requires more skills and deepin knowledge.

As far as the expiry date is concerned there is no expiry date that is been mentioned on your certificate, not even ur scores.

But i would suggest that u appear for the 52_64 module only as its based on the new competencies and skillsets.And your certification wil be of a newer version so that wil cerainly help in the coming time.

Rdgs,

Prashant

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

faisal_altaf2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi, Raj

Check out this thread =>

Hope you will get a very clear Idea.

Thanks and Regards,

Faisal