cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

characteristic combination upload

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

I have a product key figure in DP which is a character notation and length 40 characters. The product number itself is numeric , 9 characters (nnnnnnnnn), but after loading should be characters, left adjusted

I uploaded the combinations from a text file , which was created from excel download of CC format. I made sure the product column of the excel was text before conversion and product numbers were left adjusted.

If I go for a display CC transaction with a selection of product= nnnnnnnnn, no display results.

If I go for a display CC transaction with a selection of product= nnnnnnnnn*, it shows me all correct CC values. This means it is reading lagging spaces in the character field and this would be a problem for me going forward.

What am missing here?

Thanks in advance, apprciate help.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

DSA,

There are several ways to approach download/upload of CVCs. Upload of data is very fussy, you must check your work several times in order to ensure that the uploaded CVCs meet your business requirements. Excel will not automatically do this for you.

If you are using Excel, and you have leading or trailing spaces in the text cells, you can remove them with the =TRIM() Excel function. If you need leading zeroes, you can create a custom format in Excel that will add them. There are a number of Excel tricks that can massage the data so as to make it flawlessly uploadable. Finally, when the format is correct, delete any header rows, and save as Tab Delimited with a TXT suffix.

Good Luck,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dogboy49,

Your suggestions helped to solve the problem, thanks!

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Correction of typo..I mean Product Characteristic , not Key figure!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi DSA,

Do not open the .TXT file once you create it. Excel destroys the formatting settings once you open a tab delimited file.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Biplab