cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US rebate credit memo without tax

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I have a issue for US rebate settlement. Almost all US states do not allow tax credit, so in our rebate credit memoes, we should not pay tax to the cusomter. Currently, our user remove the tax classification indicator in credit memo request every time to make sure there will be no tax in credit memo. Now user have a request to make default to no tax for all US rebate settlement.

Actually, tax classifiction indicator is the standard SAP solution to control the tax, but our user do not want to do it manually every time. We can remove all tax condition types in our rebate pricing procedure and then there will be no tax at all. However, there is a risk that 1 or 2 states allow tax credit.

Does any one have same experience? Is any other better way to satisfy this requirement?

Thanks in advance,

DL

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can maintian conmdition records for your tax condition type as per Order type/Region/Matr Tax Classification/Customer Tax classification.

With this, you would be able to maintain a zero tax code for your rebate credit memo types whereas a normal tax code for your other document types that needs taxes.

Having Region also in the access sequence would help you to even put a tax for rebate credit memos for states that do allow tax credits.

Hope this helps.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Apart from the suggestions already given, you can also consider the following.

1) Create a new tax code in FTXP where you dont maintain tax percent against the tax condition type.

2) For tax condition type UTXJ / MWST, have one more combination in V/07 with the document type for debit memo and credit memo

3) Assign the above tax code to this new combination in VK11

4) Now create a debit memo or credit memo and see how it works.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Thanks all for reply on my questions. I will do some testing to see which one is work for my issue. Forgot to mention in my original question: we are using Vertex to determine tax rate and we want Vertex to determine the tax rate for Rebate settlement. Anybody have experience on that?

Thanks again,

DL

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

you can use SHD0 for this.

create one screen variant with the states which calculates no tax on credit.

make those fields invisible for those states who dont want tax on credit by supressing it and assign to those state users by giving authorization.

those states which requries tax on credit it will flow through condition records will flow normally.

for achieveing this you need to search for program and screen number

balajia

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can try to use user exit USEREXIT_SAVE_DOCUMENT_PREPARE in include MV45AFZZ, where in the logic could be added, if the states are not x or y, then VBAP-TAXM1 and TAXM2 = 0. Here the x and y represents the states for which tax applies and these tables can be read from customer master or the data can be stored and read from a Z-table.

Regards,