cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Live office and webi

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI all,

I am building a dashboard using xcelsius 2008. I am in BO XI sp 5.

I am trying to use live office connection. I imported 4 webi report with 2 prompts in each report.

I was trying to bind the prompts in excel by going to liveoffice>object> properies it does not show me any options to bind the prompt.

I need to pass variable from my dashboard to webi report so that i can get data as customer selects.

I can bind the prompt if i use insert liveoffice query but this way i have to build more then 16 queries and it will take long time and performance will be slow.

Is there any way to bind cell in inserted webi report in liveoffice. Could you guide me steps to bind prompts in webi reports.

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to Connections. You should be able to see Live Office connections added there. You can bind the input and output parameters of the Live Office connection there in connection manager.

Regards,

Sanjay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yah,

thanks for your answer. I have done that. But how to you bind the prompt?

The connection only helps to bind the data but not the prompt. It does nt show option for prompt.

amrsalem1983
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

to Bind the prompot

first of all, you have to refresh the live office objects

then go to live office ->Object Properties

select the object(s) then click prompt, and down you will find a button called prompt values

from there you will be able to bind the prompts to any cell in your excel sheet

good luck

Amr

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply,

In liveoffiice object properties, I can see only option General and Refresh. I dont see the option prompt.

This is a webi report with prompt. But if i create a liveoffice query with prompt then only i can see General, prompt and Refresh option. So can you please let me know if it is possible bind prompts in webi report in liveoffice

Former Member
0 Kudos

alex1234

Did you check OnDemand option in Object/Application properties??

Which will show on the fly, all Prompts defined @ WebI report/query level.

I'm Back

Former Member
0 Kudos

pls see Amr Salem's response. He is right. After you add those webi queries in live office, you want see prompt options. But you need to refresh object at least once so that LO will recognize the prompts. then if you go to object properties, it will display prompt options. I had the same issue. did this and it fixed.

Answers (0)