cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABAP Proxy - AAE Synchronous message problem.

former_member189558
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are using ABAP Proxy -> PI 7.11-> JDBC stored procedure. We are using AAE.

The problem we are facing is identical to the one mentioned in the thread below:

[;]

That is the first call is ok.. and the second call results into exception. When we switch to normal config without AAE, it is working fine.

Any help on this matter would be much appreciated.

PS: Also please note that similar scenario is running for a different customer without trouble...

Thanks and Regards,

Himadri

Edited by: Himadri Chakraborty on Dec 20, 2010 8:45 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member314455
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

Note 1413865 has been released to customers. This will resolve the issues with proxies.

Regards,

Ajith

former_member314455
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Himadri,

I have the same problem, but I noticed one thing - If the proxy class is re instantiated for every method call, the calls are successful. This is not a good solution, but works.

With AAE, the total runtime is only 1/10th the of the time with regular config.

Let me know if you found something.

Thank you,

Ajith

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> This is not a good solution, but works.

Not a good solution? Why?

former_member314455
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Stefan,

To call a process(method) in a loop I need to instantiate it every time. But, all the previous instances are still in memory!

Let me know if you find any solution.

Thank you,

Ajith

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> To call a process(method) in a loop I need to instantiate it every time. But, all the previous instances are still in memory!

Anyway, that is the way how object oriented programming works. You create different instances to seperate data.

When you reuse an instance, you have the same data again, which can lead to errors like in that example.

I do not know how it is implemented in ABAP, but for Java I can say that unused instances are removed from memory.

former_member314455
Participant
0 Kudos

Unfortunately in ABAP, all the instances are still in memory unless they are cleared explicitly.

However, the scenario works perfectly fine with the normal configuration (without AAE), but the performance is poor. I dont want to switch back to the normal config.

I'm not sure if this is an issue with my config or a bug in standard. I'll try for yet another day and then raise a OSS message if I dont find any solution.

Thanks,

Ajith

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The link you gave does not open.

Also please note that similar scenario is running for a different customer without trouble...

Compare the SP level of both the systems.....if configuration is perfect, then ensure that SP level of ABAP and JAVA is at same level.

@Baskar: Proxy supports AAE communication from PI7.11....no need to wait for 7.3....more information is available

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/70066f78-7794-2c10-2e8c-cb967cef4...

Regards,

Abhishek.

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Abhisek,

Thanks for correcting me.

Baskar

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I believe AAE does not support abap proxy in 7.1. So as I know of, you cannot use AAE for abap proxy at this stage. Only IE (classical processing) can support abap proxy scenarios at this time. Only if we switch to 7.3, it might be possible.

Thanks

Baskar