Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hyperlinks in Interactive ADOBE Forms

former_member198445
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

I have a scenario of INTERACTIVE ADOBE FORM in ABAP WEBDYNPRO wherein Attachments have to be stored for a given form and these forms would be archived in a shared folder after a complete workflow lifecycle .

Initially, we implemented the handling of attachments using the 'ATTACHMENT' tab in the ADOBE form itself and storing these attachments as xStrings in GOS. This worked really well until recently where the attachment sizes increased from a few KB to many MBs . The form processing got extremely slow leading to unacceptable performance.

This called for the approach of using hyperlinks to attachments on a network folder to be added to the form by the users while data entry itself.

I am unaware as to how can we open a text field to accept hyperlinks which can then be stored ina backend table, so that they can be fetched and updated in the form at a later stage during the subsequent workflow steps?

Any inputs on this would be of gret help..

I searched the forum for queries but none were really helpful. Please help me out with this issue..

Regards,

Amith

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member198445
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

I am using Livecycle designer version 8.0 and do not have the 'Launch URL' UI element. So I have to resort to using a text field and a button with a script to launch the URL. Something like

xfa.host.gotoURL(url.rawValue, true);

This works for a web URL but this is not opening any network shared folders. Is there any way to achieve this?

Secondly, I want it to open in a new window and not in the same browser window/tab that the form is in.

Any inputs on this would be really helpful.

Kind Regards,

Amith

Edited by: Amith Menezes on Dec 21, 2010 6:26 AM

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am not sure you will like this, but if I were you, I would "receive" the attachments outside the form. It would be

a) simplier for you as a developer (handle the content, do the upload, check the existence, use wizard etc.)

b) simplier for the user, I believe

c) if you would need to really "attach" the files to the form, you can do this in backend

d) the URL links are only valid when you upload the files, or not? So you cannot store URLs, you only use those to upload the files and then throw it away.

Let me know what you think, I am following this thread

Otto

former_member198445
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear fellow SDNers,

xfa.host.gotoURL(url.rawValue, true); solved this issue.

The attachments are stored in Documentum and the users maintain links in the form. I have provided a table with ADD and DELETE buttons so that the user can add multiple values. I also give a button called View, on click of which I launch the URL.

Using Resolve Node, I am launching the relevant link.

As for link opening in the same window, I just tweaked the browser setting.As simple as that

Users are happy, so I stuck to this approach...

Regards,Amith