cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error when exporting/importing

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am using MDM 7.1

When I export the schema from my Dev system to import into QA I get the following Error:

"This repository requires additional steps before transport. See the MDS log for details.

In the log my issue is that I am trying to export an Assignment that includes an expression that uses "look-ups".

In my Dev system I removed the expression to confirm if this is the issue, once I no longer have expressions with look-ups then it allows me to export the schema. I then tries to import it to QA (since the expressions are not changing I planned on excluding them from the import as a temporary workaround.

however I get the same error message when trying to import. It seems that I can not export or import with a system that has an assignment with an expression that uses look-ups.

Is there some config I am missing?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry, I do not understand, there is no option of File Type. It is creating an xml.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Brad,

Please check all your assignments in QA if all the values used in assignment are present in Lookup table .Suppose I have a field Staus which is getting values from Lookup table Statuses.I have created an assignment "Status[Active]".Now Active has to be there in Statuses Lookup Table.Please check for such Assignemnts .No need to delete them.

Regards,

Neethu Joy

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Erdal_Şimşek
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Brad,

assignments/validations are a general problem when it comes to Schema exports/imports! What you can do in case there are not too many assignments - is to delete the assignments and create them new (manually) after you have imported the schema.

Hope this helps a little.

Regards,

Erdal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Neethu, are you doing this currently? WHich version and patch are you on?

I Have checked and the values exist in DEV and QA, But I still get the error when exporting. I'm thinking the patch I am using has a bug.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Brad,

I had the same issue but got resolved as per the solution mentioned.

Im using MDM 7.1.05.92

Neethu

mf_haq
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes...it seems, pls chk your configuration once again.

while importing and exporting chk file type which your going to...

Thanks....MFH