cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

changing EWA Report Automatic Mail Transmission Time

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAP Techies,

I have a situation in which the customer had requested to change the time at which they receive the automatically sent EWA report from solution manager. I just tried to find more information to see if there is any way to change that time but no hope.

Can anybody throw some light to this as I reason that the only way to deal with this is using SM:SCHEDULER and SM:EXE SERVICES job run time change.

Please correct me if Im wrong and help me out with ur valuable suggesstions.

Best Regards,

Viswanathan Subramanian

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Viswanathan,

You can't precisely control the time that the EWA reports are emailed as this is a function of the job SM:EXEC SERVICES.

By changing the time when this job runs (default is 4:00am) will affect when the emails are sent generally, but it emails each EWA after it finishes processing the EWA session, then it processes the next session, completes processing, then emails it and so on until it has processed each service session. But the time to process any given service session can vary, depending on a wide variety of factors.

You can reschedule when SM:EXEC SERVICES runs in SM37, schedule a new Periodic job at the time you'd like it to start, and remove the old periodic job, But again, this will only affect the start time. The EWA reports will actually be emailed after each service session is processed, sequentially. So if the job takes 10 minutes they will all email within 10 minutes of the job starting. But if it takes 4 hours, there mauy be 4 hours between the first EWA emailing and the last one.

I hope this explains how EWA reports are mailed, and that you can't actually state a time like 5:00 all EWA reports will be mailed.

Regards,

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

The only thing I can add to Paul's post is that the actual email transmission is initiated by a job to call program RSCONN01. Usually it runs every few minutes. I suppose you could put that job on hold, if you wanted all the reports to queue up before sending.

Regards,

Sean

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Paul/Sean,

Thanks for the valuable response.

Actually the current scenario is like this

The SM:EXEC SERVICES session daily job starts at 6:00 A.M GMT (1:00 A.M EDT) time which results in mail reception

of reports from 3:00 A.M EDT starting every week on MONDAY.

To avoid this situation I have shifted the job run time by 6hrs i.e., 12:00 PM GMT (7:00 A.M EDT) time which results in mail reception

of reports from 9:00 A.M EDT (BUISNESS HOURS).

Im just wiating for the results by next monday and would keep u posted with the update.

Best Regards,

Viswanathan Subramanian