cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material Master and SNC Performance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

As you know, SNC is suitable for suppliers without EDI capability. That means, for EDI suppliers, it is not necessary to use SNC. Only non-EDI suppliers will use SNC as collaboration tool. In our company, the transaction percentage is 70% vs 30& for EDI vs non-EDI suppliers. If talked about materials master, only 40% to 50% external procured materials need to be in SNC. Therefore, not all external procured materials will need to be transferred from R3 to SNC. However, based on R3 integration model selection criteria for material master, it is not easy to differentiate between SNC and non-SNC relevant materials. It might end up to bring more materials into SNC than what is really needed. I want to know how SNC performance will be affected if more materials is maitained in SNC? As what I understand, when PO message is to be posted in SNC, it will look for supplier location and transportation lane. I am not sure whether it will look up products.

Thanks in advance!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi George,

SNC is having problems with huge master datas. When you are setting up the master data, you should be looking the below points below.

1- Planning Horizon must be in relevant days. Do not make it longer.

2- Active Materials repair. You should activate / inactivate the materials according to the requirement.

3- Transportation set ups.

Also you should ve creating your archiving jobs and background table indexes very well. They are also critical performance indicators in SNC.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear George Yu ,

Having more products into the SCM / SNC box affects the performance since master data read would become slower.

Based on the process used, you can set the selection object like PDNF, Visibility based, ODM etc which might give some improvement.

Best Regards,

Harsha Gatt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Please go thru the below link

http://www.sap.com/india/about/events/worldtour09/pdf/WT_Mumbai_Track5_07_Supply%20Network%20Collab%...

page 24, i think the performance should be just fine .

Best Regards

Vinod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

As far as PO collaboration is considered performance will not be affected because of materials but if you are using other functionality like SNI monitor it may get affected. We have faced similar performance issue in case of SNI monitor because of huge master data.

Thanks

Pravin