Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billing Document in 2 currencies based on Material

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SD Gurus

Our customer has asked for this requirement The requirements is as follow

Though the customer is defined with currency EURO, they want the billing document to be in USD when certain materials are ordered. Though we are thinking of some manual work arounds but is there any better way of doing it , I mean condition records.

We have told that one can change the respective Sales order document currency to USD. then they can create the delivery and susequent processing. But in such case they should not mix the material which need to be billed in USD to be mixed with EURO materials.

Do you have any other solution, as this is manual , and they may not like it

Your thoughts please

Regards

Rajesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

From what i understood, you want some materials to be billed in EUR and some in USD and the customer has a default USD currency. You also do not want to mix these 2 materials.

In such a case, as you know, the document can have just 1 single currency. SO if you have both the materials in the same sales order, the order can be billed either in USD or EUR. Even though you maintain the cond records in EUR, the system would convert it to the Doc currency.

I think you would need some enhancement that would not allow to insert these 2 types of material in the same sales order.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

You have 3 currencies in play here:

1) The material list price which can be EUR or USD or anything.

2) The sales doc currency which can be EUR or USD or anything.

3) The company code currency which is your reporting currency.

Yes you can change 2 in the sales doc but this is for the whole sales doc. (header) not item.

The requirement may be to just keep the pricing for example in USD and the sales doc in EUR. In this case make your condition types in USD (list price) the values will be converted into the document currency on order creation. You can then have them re-calculated if need be in billing.

Best regards,

Glynn