SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting meter reading reason

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All

I am trying to migrate(using Emigall) Installation management object INST_MGMT .The Meter reading Reason is set by default as 21 'Meter reading at billing related installation' after doing move in it becomes 06 'meter reading at move in'

Reason for this( my guess) is because i set action to 01 'full installation'.

Now i have to migrate a meter reading reason(of my choice e.g estimated or actual ,etc) while doing INST_MGMT after some time i figured out that using IEABLU structure in the INST_MGMT might help. I also passed a Container Structure with an X in no_automove in so as to suppress meter reading reason 06 'meter reading at move in' but the problem is when i saw the meter reading reason after move in it was 21 'Meter reading at billing related installation' when i migrated i passed meter reading reason 99 (my configured) in IEABLU structure in the INST_MGMT.

Again My problem is i need to migrate meter reading reason that i provide, not 21 'Meter reading at billing related installation'

what can to be done???

1 REPLY 1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

SAP automatically sets reasons for those actions (move-in, billing installation) whether you're doing it manually in the transaction screens or through Emigall. I don't know of a way around that.

But, you can set your reason 99 if you use the METERREAD object to pass it in. Just be sure to upload the METERREAD first before you do the installation. You may end up with multiple meter reads on your billing installation and move in dates, but that's OK, it will take them all with different reasons (as long as your historical meter read is loaded first).

Hope this helps.

CN