Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Composite role CTS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

need your advice with below.

I changed one composite role - deleted few single roles in it and added few single roles in it.

now when i create it's (composite role's) CTS, what will it contain?

regards,

Surpreet

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Surpreet,

From PFCG when you hit the Transport icon, there will be an option to transport the single roles too. However, if you just want to transport the composite without the single roles added in it, uncheck the option. Your new single role assignment in the composite role will remain the same when transported.

Rgds,

Raghu

15 REPLIES 15

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Surpreet,

From PFCG when you hit the Transport icon, there will be an option to transport the single roles too. However, if you just want to transport the composite without the single roles added in it, uncheck the option. Your new single role assignment in the composite role will remain the same when transported.

Rgds,

Raghu

0 Kudos

Hi Raghu,

I wish that what ever changed i did to composite role, should reflect in PRD.

so how does that check box for single roles effect it. (if selected)

regards,

Surpreet

0 Kudos

Hi Surpreet

Raghu's correct - just untick the 'transport singles' and 'transport generated profiles' and let her loose.

The composite shell transports to PRD (VIA QAS) and collects it's DEV singles - maybe that's why the called the early version Collective Role'

Saves moving hundreds of unchanged singles across the landscape and risking derived roles going red (to adjust)

A very simple and effective hint which I only found out about a couple of weeks ago.

Cheers

David

0 Kudos

so how does that check box for single roles effect it. (if selected)

Single role checkbox includes the changes done to individual single role to the transport whereas if it is unchecked only the skeleton of the composite role (i.e composite role and its relationship with the containing roles) is included in the transport.

Example: If Comp role A contains single roles X, Y and Z.

Suppose we have added a tcode to Y and generated its profile.

Now we create transport request of Comp role A with single role checkbox unchecked, it will include role A and names of single roles X,Y and Z in "Roles" tab of comp roles but changes pertaining to addition of tcode to single role Y will not be included in the transport.

Hope I could express myself well.

Sandipan

0 Kudos

Hi,

thanks.

one confusion.

I have one composite role ADMIN and i removed role FICO and added role PURCHASE to it.

here no changes were done to FICO or PURCHASE.

now i create role with checkbox for single role unselected, will the above changes reflect?

what will CTS contain.

1. PURCHASE - ADMIN

OR

2. PURCHASE - ADMIN

FICO

regards,

Surpreet

in core i wish to know "whether unassignment of a single role to composite role also need to be transported" or new composite role with new single roles will overwrite old composite role

Edited by: Surpreet Singh Bal on Dec 20, 2010 7:39 PM

0 Kudos

Hi

Change to 'Collective' or 'Composite' role in dev - swapping roles over means just transport the composite =

1. PURCHASE - ADMIN

Change to 'Single' role inside a Composite - changing the profile of the single needs to be transported just as you would if you weren't handling Composite roles so you have to transport everything

(Well - as far as I know...)

Regards

David

0 Kudos

Hi,

It only moves the composite role and the assignments you had made. No single role will be transported.

Rgds,

Raghu

0 Kudos

Hi David,

so it means CTS will overwrite all the old assignments in composite role........ in PRD

correct?

regards,

Surpreet

0 Kudos

Hi Surpreet,

Yes. It will.

Rgds,

Raghu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Surpreet

Sorry...

Change to 'Single' role inside a Composite - changing the profile of the single needs to be transported just as you would if you weren't handling Composite roles so you have to transport everything

Slightly wrong there I think as you could still transport the collective/composite shell and just the single that had also been altered...

Cheers

David

Edited by: David Berry on Dec 20, 2010 7:35 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please help me as i have to transport many roles to Prod landscape( ECC, SRM,GTS,CRM,BI,PI, etc)

1) I have created 100 roles in Dev system and have added Single roles to it for ECC Environment.

2) I have transported these roles to Prod ECC system and was successful as the single roles attached to comp roles were for ECC.

Now

1) I have to transport the same comp roles to SRM,GTS,CRM,BI,PI, etc in Prod systems.

My question is how will the single roles for SRM,GTS,CRM,BI,PI systems get attached to the comp role that i created and need to be transported to diff systems or do i need to create single roles for SRM,GTS,CRM,BI,PI, systems.

Uttam

0 Kudos

Hi,

If you transport the composites then the singles will pulled along.

A word of caution, you may get transport failures if you are importing roles into a system which does not have the relevant auth objects.

0 Kudos

Ok thank you ....but Naming convenntion used for single roles is different like in ECC is like ZW:xxx and ZG:xxx in GTS system and ZR:xxx in SRM system etc

so my question is how will the single roles be transported caz the single roles created is only for ECC systems and ECC ZW:xxx roles cant be transported to SRM, GTS, BI systems.

0 Kudos

Hi

Can you re-use R3 roles in BI etc?

Regards

David

Edit - got my PI and BI mixed up

Edited by: David Berry on Aug 12, 2011 11:21 AM

0 Kudos

The roles can be transported, the naming is not a technical limitation, it's a policy limitation.

If you stick with your policy then you need to create new single roles & composites for each of the different applications

If your naming convention supports it then you could create cross system single roles which means a single name is used in each system. Most likely the different systems will require some differences in access so create the single roles & comp roles in each product (BW, PI etc)