cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change installation number of Java WAS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I need to change the installation number of a Java based Application server and Enterprise portal due to migration of the system from one customer number to another. I know I can install new license using Visual administrator --> Server -> Services -> Licensing adapter and I can generate this new license key.

I've done this with ABAP system and I had to create an OSS message according SAP Note 816861 - Migrating entries in the secure storage, but there is nothing said about Java WAS.

The question is:

Is there anything else that should be done after importing the new license and restarting the Java application server?

Any advice will be highly appreciated!

Thanks!

Petar Yordanov

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Petar,

The Java instance uses the ABAP licensing service in a double stack installation.

Therefore you only need to to set the license in ABAP.

Regards,

Ventsi Tsachev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ventsi and Sunil,

This is Java only system so it is impossible to use ABAP licensing services. I can generate valid J2EE license and import it.

The question is:

Are there any post-migration activities that should be performed (like migration of the secure store for the ABAP systems)?

Thank you for the suggestions!

Petar Yordanov

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are there any post-migration activities that should be performed (like migration of the secure store for the ABAP systems)?

No there aren't.

Kind regards,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all once again for the help!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year,

Petar Yordanov

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You should be able to apply license easily and here should not any issues if you have valid and correct license including ECC and WAS.