Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Allow usage decision for inspection lot for specific material type only

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sir,

My requirement is very simple.

I have a user XM_NAREN.

For this user id, he should be only able to do the usage decision for inspection lots of material type FERT. If the material type is other than FERT, the usage decision through this user id should not be allowed.

Kindly let me know how this can be done.

Regards,

Naren

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member42743
Active Contributor

I would suggest using work centers. I would think most of your finished products have their own insp. plans. Assign a work center like FININSP and then use security to allow that user acces to the work center.

You would also create a work center for other type of inspections and their inspection plans. I.e INPROC work center for in process, RAWINSP for incoming raw materials. Assign users to the work centers as appropriate.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello KK and FF,

Thanks for the suggestion.

Can we not control this using any authorization object using basis?

Naren

kiran_kumar179
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear i think with authorization object you can't restrict UD for particular material type but wait for other experts comments also mean while explore this object with your basis guy Q_STCK_CHG Change Stock Posting Fields in UD Transactions in this field QBESTBUBER Authorizations for stock postings.

Cheers

KK

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You could post this question in security forum.

But I don't think you can block their access to the UD for a given material by material type.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please use the QM Authorization Field in the QM View of the Material Master

Best Regards,

Raghavendra K Nayak

kiran_kumar179
Active Contributor
0 Kudos