cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JMS - use of this message service

Former Member
0 Kudos

I know in transaction we can implement with JMS action blocks (to send, receive or request messages from JMS).

Unfortunately MII does not have possibility to configure a listener of JMS as like IDOC or Webservice (to trigger a transaction).

Will it be possible to develop such JMS message listener to listen message from JMS and then trigger a transaction.

Could PCo do that (does the Adapter exist)?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member4529
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The JMS service is already available in NetWeaver Java WebAS. You can enable that from NWA to receive JMS messages and store in persistent or temporary queues. Then from MII BLS transaction you can use the JMS Queue Read action to read the message from the JMS queue.

Thanks,

Dipankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dipankar

Thanks for the answer. Unfortunately this is not the message listerner that will trigger the transaction based on message from JMS.

Yes I know, one implementation to read the messages is to schedule the transaction x secs/minutes. But int this case, this is not real time data transfer.

former_member4529
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Seng,

The purpose of using JMS is using messaging based integration in asynchronous mode. So the data transfer may not be in real time in that case. If that is the requirement I suggest to call BLS transaction as a SOAP Web Service or simple HTTP service using WSDLGen or Runner which will be in synchronous mode and enable data transfer in real time.

Thanks,

Dipankar

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I guess that is the only way to overcome this problem. Of could we could develop something like that. But since we have had already a solution to talk directly to JMS, I thought probably MII's has a possibility get triggered from JMS.

thanks