cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ModifyView related issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I would like to have a comprehensive understanding regarding the hook method modifyView.

Question may be:

1 When is modifyView be called?

Background: in a WD component, a couple of WD components are embedded in. It is found that some interface view's modifyView will be called. But it seems there is no direct triggering. Can anyone explain this?

2 Modifyview method may be called twice?

In debugger call stack, I found sometimes modifyView is called twice!

Questions may not be listed completely. Hope someone can give me some further help in understanding.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Dear Experts,

>

> I would like to have a comprehensive understanding regarding the hook method modifyView.

>

> Question may be:

>

> 1 When is modifyView be called?

>

> Background: in a WD component, a couple of WD components are embedded in. It is found that some interface view's modifyView will be called. But it seems there is no direct triggering. Can anyone explain this?

>

> 2 Modifyview method may be called twice?

> In debugger call stack, I found sometimes modifyView is called twice!

>

> Questions may not be listed completely. Hope someone can give me some further help in understanding.

>

> Thanks

Hallo Vincent,

1. Modify view is called prior to the generation of the view and allows for the dynamic modification of the view at runtime. In general HOOK methods are called by the framework.

2.Modifyview is called many times , it depends on how many times the view is requested for rendering. Fo example the visibility, enabled properties of an UI element is changed.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vincent,

Thanks,

Prashant

former_member218672
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vincent,

ModifyView gets called everytime the page loads during runtime. InitView is called when the page gets loaded for the 1st time and duing run time of the application, its modifyView. Suppose if there's some dependant dropdown fields in the page, by selecting 1st dropdown the page gets refreshed to populate the 2nd dropdown list. So, this time, the modifyView method gets executed again.

So, modifyView can get called multiple times depending on page design.

Regards,

Sen