Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Easy Cost Planning - automatcally valuate inside Model

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello gurus,

I have task regarding ECP.

If you insert the ECP Model into another ECP Model, is it possible, when using this, to automatically valuate it (set the quantity of the inside model)? It means, that when pressing the CONFIRM button the quantity of the high level ECP model is taken and the items inside valueated. But the inside (lower level ECP Model) Model is NOT. You have to manually go and press CONFIRM button to valuate the items there...

Is it possible to automate this somehow?

Example:

ECP model "column" (high level) [EA] - parameter X

-> material "column R5" - quantity X*1

-> ECP model "screw"

-> screw [EA] - quantity 3*X

Taking 3 "culumns" will result in:

- 3 columns R5

- 3*3 = 9 screws (this is what I want to CONFIRM automatically)

Thanks in advance.

Petr

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

in BAdI ECP_ADD_FUNCTIONS_CK there is interface method AT_SUBMIT_AFTER_INSERTION. This method is called when the items whcih were generated from the costing model's valuation have been inserted into the cost estimate. After calling this BAdI method system will calculate the cost estimates values.

But again: this development is quite difficult.

Best regards,

Johannes

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Petr,

I am sorry, but there is no 'multi-level' submit functionality installed.

This could be implemented by own coding...but it is quite difficult due to complex program structures...

Regards,

Johannes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Johannes,

Can you let us know which BADI will help us in achieving this?

I checked - ECP_ADD_FUNCTIONS_CK & BADI_PS_ECP_ENH but aint seem to be working or is there something I miss.

Regards,

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

before CONFIRMing the Costing, you can have characteristics entry.

-- Create / assgin a CHAR to the Superior Cost Model.

-- Maintain the inner cost model as a row in the derivation rules.

--- Under its quantity tab, multiply the quantity with the characteristic as mentioned above.

always select the char value in ECP before pressing "CONFIRM"

It should work.

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

What do you mean by "Under its quantity tab, multiply the quantity with the characteristic as mentioned above".

The problem I have is that the column "Quantity" is greyed out for the item "Costing Model" in the derivation rules....it's not possible to fill the quantity;(

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks.

petr

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Raise an OSS message, and see what explanation they give.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you telling me, that when you use item category "Costing Model", the Quantity field is for INPUT?

thx

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No, What I meant is, if you raise an OSS may be SAP could explain why you cannot use quantity editor for item category J(costing model), there should be some reason for blocking a functionlaity, right. so they could explain it to you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks...I don't need the reason why the field is grayed-out...I'm looking for a solution to automate the valuation of the subsequent costing models...any suggestion here?

THX