cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disable Java packet in Sun Cluster

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We have a 3 node Sun cluster 3.1 environment with SAP ERP 6.0 Abap + Java in Oracle 10 - Solaris 10. We are not using the Java stack so we would like to disable it from start with the parameter 'rdisp/j2ee_start'.

The question we have and haven't found in any note is what effect in ourcluster will have to disable Java? Our java cluster resource 'sap-webas-rs' will not start and maybe the whole Cluster will fail to start or it will start correctly without the Java part.

We also don't know if we must reconfigure the cluster so the 'sap-webas-rs' resource not to be necessary to the whole cluster to start or leaving the current config will work.

Thank you very much.

Carlos

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Since you are not making use of Java, you need to reconfigure the cluster for ABAP node only. If Java was also included in cluster environment, system will try to start the java from other nodes. You should remove the entries of java from the cluster switch over.

You need to work with the vendor supporting your cluster environment in regards to this.

Regards,

Sitarama.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks SBK and Sitarama,

If I understand correctly I have to set the parameter AND the java resource, only to disable the cluster resource without the parameter or the parameter without the cluster resource will raise problems on start.

(I don't want to remove the Java stack completely becouse in the future we may need it.)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You are not removing java stack(it was not feasible). All you need to do was remove the java node entries from cluster configuration file and then set the java parameter. So that when java was down in present running system it will not trigger to start the java node in the other server of cluster environment.

regards,

Siatarama.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you Sitarama. It makes sense.

Best regards.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Carlos,

It will not have any affect on your oracluster group. Try to remove the services related to java from your cluster configuration file. Just setting the parameter rdisp/j2ee_start will not be useful.

Regards,

SBK