cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to develope Offline Adobe Forms

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

The requirement is that there should be adobe form attached in email and user will enter details in adobe form and click on Submit button on the form which will call the ABAP RFC.

Can we use webdynpro ABAP to do this developement ?

thanks

B.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We can use different methods to implement Offline Adobe Forms.

Method 1 - Upload using WD ABAP. Create a WD application with an uploader. You can fill the offline adobe form, call this WD application and upload the form to update the values in the backend.

Method 2 - Web Service Submit Button within the Adobe form. Create a web service in SAP, make a data connection using the wsdl. On clicking the submit button after filling the adobe form, Web service will post data back to SAP.

Method 3 - Fill the Offline adobe form attach it in a mail and route to SAP Inbox. Do scot configurations with the help of Basis team. Trigger the class handler, parse xml and get the data from attached adobe form and update SAP.

Hope this will give you an idea.

Thanks & Regards,

Sanoosh

bhakti2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Sanoosh,

Thank you very much for your help

Method 2 is only choice for me because all the users are non-SAP users for me.

So ill need to send the offline adobe forms in mail. So it will be combination of method 2 and 3

I am using foll links for that

https://cw.sdn.sap.com/cw/servlet/JiveServlet/download/38-51084/saptech_webservice.pdf

It will be great of you look at these links and comment

thanks a lot again for yr help

I am not able to include second link which is from the site saptechnical for

Sending an SAP Adobe form as an attachment in an email

Edited by: B on Dec 20, 2010 4:36 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have checked the link. It explains the web service method in detail. As per my opinion, go for this method if all the users will be submitting the form within the intranet only. You can ask your basis team to create a single 'communication user' for the handshake of offline adobe form and SAP. In this case non-SAP users can also share the same login details for form submit. On submit it, you will get all the values in the FM associated with web service and with that you can update SAP.

If users will be submitting the form outside the intranet, method - 3 will be the best option. For this method:

1) Ask your IT team to route the mail from outlook to SAP Inbox

2) Ask basis team help for 'SCOT' configurations

3) Create a handler class which will trigger on receiving the mail in SAP Inbox

4) Implement the class handler to parse the xml, get data and update SAP

Thanks & Regards,

Sanoosh

bhakti2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

thank you for the response.

1. Does the system ask for user id and password on click of submit button and is it that the communication user will not work outside intranet scenario because that network does not connect to the SAP server ?

2. As you told to route the outllook mail to SAP inbox, actualy there is no mail when the user clicks on submit button. So will it be required for the user to attach the filled form in email and send the email ?

sorry i take more time to comprehend as its first time for adobe offline forms for me.

thank you,

B

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1) On web service submit, system will ask for username and password. You can also embed this login details within the web service so that you will not get the popup on submit. But in that case also an internal login happens. web service scenario in intranet is simple while it becomes complicated outside the intranet due to SAP network connectivity problems. You will require an UDDI registration as well.

2) In this scenario, at design time Adobe tool library provides an email submit button on clicking which will create a mail from outlook, attach the filled adobe form and send it for you. You can also do it manually. ie create a new mail, attach and send. Both these options are available.

Thanks & Regards,

Sanoosh

bhakti2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Sanoosh

We have only within intranet scenario and outside intranet was ruled out as trade off with development efforts.

So ill follow the method 2 of calling web service from the Offline Adobe Interactive form with the aid of below links.

to call web service : https://cw.sdn.sap.com/cw/servlet/JiveServlet/download/38-51084/saptech_webservice.pdf

to attach the form in mail : http://wwwsaptechnicalcom/Tutorials/AdobeForms/Mail/Index.htm

I appreciate your help

thank you

B.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Web Service would be an ideal scenario. I have checked the first link. It clearly explains the process. Try to create a FM that suits your requirement, convert it into a web service, do the settings in SOAMANAGER, download the wsdl file, make data connection in adobe form and test the application.

I could not open the second link. I think it is not required since the scope would be intranet and you are going with web service solution.

Thanks & Regards,

Sanoosh

bhakti2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Sanoosh,

Thanks for the response.

I have two more questions

1) The second link is required even in intranet and webservice scenario because in order to make the form available to the users it needs to be attached to email and sent across to the user. Otherwise how else can users get the form ? could you pl add a dot before and after saptechnical in the given link and check ? thanks.

2) What is the security control in case of offline adobe forms because the user can forward email to other user or share the form after download as its a normal document. Presently we have made design that it is users own responsibility to protect the form. Do we need to build in required security control as verification logic upon submit action ?

thank you very much

B

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

No problem in circulating the form among users as email attachment. But that specific method is different. It posts data directly to SAP on sending mails to SAP inbox. Just for circulating the adobe form you can use email.

Since it will be non-SAP users who will be using the offline adobe form, you will have to handle the security programatically from within the FM. Do some authorization checks and post data to SAP only if the person is authorized.

Thanks & Regards,

Sanoosh

bhakti2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Sanoosh,

For this scenario its the second case. The users are non SAP and the email will be used only to circulate the form. There is no data posting directly through email.

Thank you very much for all your knowledge sharing. It enabled me to work out the given scenario.

-B

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello  Bhakti,

Even I have the same requirement and i am also following 2nd method.

But I'm unable to access the link that has been provided by you

https://cw.sdn.sap.com/cw/servlet/JiveServlet/download/38-51084/saptech_webservice.pdf

So Can you please help me on this.

bhakti2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

have u tried the link using SAP service login ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have tried with that also

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey, does anyone have a copy of this pdf?

The link does not seem to be active anymore, and this looks to be the exact scenario i am looking to build!

Thanks

-Jason