cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message Mapping - connection time out

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I hae just created a message mapping and when I click on Test tab and load a payload in source and try to test the mapping , it gives me connection time out error from java...

What could be wrong ? Mapping involves an XML to IDOC .

Cheers,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I suppose your XML message is too large.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes it is large XML file based on cXML standards , any work arounds ?

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

You could try testing your message mapping by using one or two line items e.g if there are 12 details, you can truncate that into 1 or 2 only. In that way, you will know the output of your message mapping. Otherwise, I guess you have to test your message mapping via the test configuration scenario tab in ID or at runtime itself...

Hope this helps,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Mark,

So do you think it is a limitation of the Test tool in Mess Mapping and not an potential issue with the actual message itself ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

May be, because when we try to test mapping with huge data it would freeze. I hope it is limitation of test tab in Message Mapping.

Thanks,

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I think so (Experts, please correct me if I'm wrong). Before, we had a scenario in which the external definition was about 960kb. It really did post issues when testing in the message mapping itself. There are three options:

a.) Use less detail in your sample message mapping, in this way you can correct the error in the mapping itself.

or

b.) Test in operation mapping, and then do the correction in message mapping afterwards. If the testing is successful, make sure that you don't click the drop down icon. Instead, export the result as a zip file and then extract it. (if this hangs, go for c)

or

c.) Test at runtime

Hope this helps,

Mark

Edited by: Mark Dihiansan on Dec 20, 2010 10:09 AM

Answers (0)