Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archiving and Deletion of XI messages

former_member185881
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All

Archiving and Deletion of XI Messages.

I have already done configuration for archiving and deletion of XI messages 1 week before and it is successfully working too.

Now the problem is how can I archive and delete the XI messages which came 1 month before. As I have started doing arching just 1 week before so those old messages cant be archived by the above configuration right.

Now please suggest me hoe to archive and delete old XI succssfull messages.

Regards

Dheeraj Kumar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dheeraj,

If you configure the archiving and deletion, it will take care about all the old XI messages automatically.

Here are some of the programs regarding archiving and deleting messages:

1. RSXMB_ARCHIVE_MESSAGES Archive XML Messages

2. RSXMB_CANCEL_NOT_REST_MESSAGES Cancel XI Messages With Errors That Cannot Be Restarted

3. RSXMB_DELETE_ARCHIVED_MESSAGES Delete Archived XML Messages

4. RSXMB_DELETE_MESSAGES Delete XML Messages from the Persistency Layer marked for DEL

5. RSXMB_CANCEL_MESSAGES Mass cancellation of error messages - XI

6. RSXMB_SHOW_REORG_STATUS & RSXMB_SHOW_STATUS provide an overview for all XML messages in XI persistency layer.

7. RSXMB_MESSAGE_STATISTICS2 which provides the processing statistics. This report basically analyzed the history table.

8. RXWF_XI_UNSED_MSGS report helps in converting messages states other than 003 to final state i.e. 003.

9. SXMB_REFRESH_ADAPTER_STATUS report helps in converting message sates like 001/008 into final state.

10. RSXMB_MARK_DELETABLE_MESSAGES and RSXMB_DELETE_MESSAGES will delete the successfully processed asynchronous

RSTRFCQD -->to delete outbound messages

RSTRFCID-->INBOUND MESSAGES

Also, Ref : http://saptechnical .com/Tutorials/XI/Archiving/Index.htm

former_member185881
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for your answer.

As I mentioned that the messages will be deleted only after that point you have configured Archiving and Deletion in your SXMB_ADM. I have checked it also.

I need to delete existing messgaes which were successfull in XI but they are still resides in XI after 1 month also. These messages are taking space in XI I wanna remove them permanently.

Regards

Dheeraj Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check the SAP Note: 872388

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/XI/PIArchivingConceptual+Overview

Run this report program RSXMB_DELETE_MESSAGES to delete the successfully processed asynchronous messages.

Thanks,

former_member185881
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All

Still waiting for solution.

venkatanarayana_vagu
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Dheeraj,

For changing the entries, to change the values, you need to amend the values at rention period. Also refer this blog series for better understanding,

/people/sunil.ojha5/blog/2009/11/10/high-volume-data-archive-strategy-for-sap-xi-vol-1

/people/sunil.ojha5/blog/2010/10/27/high-volume-data-archive-strategy-for-sap-xi-vol-2

Answers (0)