cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contact Person of the Bidder

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends ,

We are configuring SRM7.0 with ECC6 ( Ehp4) having Classic Scenario.

I'm testing the RFx scenarion ...but currently Mail serever (SMTP) is not configured ...so can not test end-to-end scenarion..like actual...so set the checkbox 'Permit Surrogate Bidding" in BP master of Bidder

1) Can anyone please confirm me, whether "Contact Person" of the Bidder is ALWAYS REQUIERED for submitting the RFx Response by Bidder ? Just Bidder can not submit the RFx Response ...(What my thought is ...its req only in case of Surrogate Bidding ?)

2) Without Surrogate Bidding , can I submit the RFx Response by login as a Bidder (or Bidders Contact Person..SU01 id is created when Contact person created....) ...in the Bidding Engine and access the published bid ?....I tried the below URL from the RFx Notification..but once click on the URL, system gives error "Access via 'NULL' object reference not possible." ....

Thanks in advance.

Regards

NAP

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Narendra,

A contact person is someone who bids on behalf of his organization. Hence you need to create a contact person first and then he can bid for his company.

But if you wish to proceed with surrogate bidding, then there is no need to create a contact person. The Purchaser can collect the bid offline from the bidder and submit it himself.

Regards,

Nikhil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Nikhil.

So in case of Normal Bidding ( Not Surrogate Bidding) , in Bidder tab page , what exactly we need to enter ..Bidder or Contact person or both.....can we 1st enter just Bidder in RFx and then create the Contact Person for that Bidder ..or we MUST craete Contact person 1st while entering the Bidder in RFx ?

Thank you

Regards

NAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Narendra,

In Bidder tab page, create a contact person for the organization with /SAPSRM/BIDDER role. This will create an SU01 user. You can then enable this same user on Portal too with bidder or Rfx respondent role. Thus this contact person can login into the portal and bid on behalf of his company.

Regards,

Nikhil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Nikhil.

But Sorry , I'm stilll not cleared 100 %.

Just suggest me , Can I put only Bidder in the RFx document ?

Thanks

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Narendra,

Pl explain your question clearly. I am unable to understand ur query.

Regards,

Nikhil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can I put only Bidder in the RFx document ?

When you are in the process of selecting bidders, you search for "Bidders". If the Bidder business partner you choose has Contact Persons (relationship in BP) in it, you will be presented the list of Contact Persons the bidder has and you will HAVE TO choose at the contact person level. If the Bidder you select has no contact person in it, you will be given the chance to select on the Bidder level. However, in the latter case, the Bidder, which is a company will NOT be able to log in and submit bids, until the Contact Person has been created for that Bidder. So I guess the answer to your question is - YES, the Bidder has to have Contact Person in order to submit bids, not only in Surrogate Bidding case. The reason is Bidder essentially represent a company while Contact Person is a real person with user ID and passwords to your SRM system.

Ramki
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Naren,

No.

You need to add a bidder's contact person in RFx (even for surrogate bidding).

Best regards,

Ramki

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramki,

Thanks , but your reply is contradicts to other 2 guys, Nikil and Jay in terms of Surrogate Bidding ...

Nikhil:

"But if you wish to proceed with surrogate bidding, then there is no need to create a contact person. The Purchaser can collect the bid offline from the bidder and submit it himself."

Jay :

"So I guess the answer to your question is - YES, the Bidder has to have Contact Person in order to submit bids, not only in Surrogate Bidding case."

Confusing for me with this contradiction.

Logicaliiy I think Nikhil & Jay is corrcet.

Can you/anyone have afurther opinion...debate

Thanks

Regards

NAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Narendra,

I apologise for my statement. Ramki is indeed right. Actually having a contact person is mandatory even for surrogate bidding. I checked this today in our system.

The logic is that in surrogate bidding, the purchaser bids on behalf of the 'Contact person of the Vendor company' and not the 'Vendor Company itself'. Hope this helps.

Thanks Ramki.

Regards,

Nikhil

Edited by: Nikhil RGupta on Jan 17, 2011 3:19 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jay,

Any opinion on this issue and Nikhil and Ramki's thought ?

Thanks

Regards

NAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jay/ Nikhil/ Ramki and other ...

Can we close this thread by setting as Resolved with below conclusion as per Nikhil and Ramki ?

Actually having a contact person is mandatory even for surrogate bidding. I checked this today in our system.

The logic is that in surrogate bidding, the purchaser bids on behalf of the 'Contact person of the Vendor company' and not the 'Vendor Company itself'. Hope this helps.

Please confirm....

Thanks

Regards

NAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

As far as my understanding goes , contact person is not mandatory for bidding from SRM 7.0 onwards. A bidder without contact person can also be invited for bidding.

Description of surrogate Bidding is correct:

Regards,

Sapna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Narendra,

Yes you can close this now. Ramki was right and I have confirmed it too in our system.

PS : Ramki is always right. He is the bible of SRM.

Regards,

Nikhil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks . Closed.

Answers (0)