cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HP quality centre and SAP SOLMAN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Currently we are working on a client which uses HP Quality centre, Progman and Service manager. We want to replace all of these by SAP Solution Manager.

If anyone can provide me some document or link where I can find comparison between HP QC & Solution Manager.

Also if SAP solution manager can support all the functionalities of HP QC or we have to integrate HP QC with it.

Thanks in advance

Amit Goyal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

HP Quality center comes into picture when there is a need for testing automation.

So for your question

In solution manager

1. we can direclty connect to QTP tieh the help of ECATT for that QC is not required.

2. Through TAO we can integrate Solution manager with QC. All the data in soultion manager will be in sync with QC.

I hope it helps.

Thanks,

Subhashini.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your answer but I need some more details viz- which all data from QC can be used in Solman. Also , if Solman supports manual test cases as well or not.

Thanks

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I donu2019t know what comparison you are looking but these are two HP QC & Solman diff. applications. HP enables you to integrate SAP Solution Manager with Quality Center & you can find this Solman adapter in HP QC add-ins page.

When you integrate the HP & Solman - you can import your business requriments (test scenario u2013 ex: va01) into QC then you do your test planning and execution and then you will send your results to solman.

But these is only manual exaction. Based on Subhau2019s comments , yes you can go for SAP TAO and its third generation testing tool and these tool can be used for SAP Automation. Here also you need to have QC, Solman, QTP , BPT then SAP TAO. Let me know if you have any questions.

But when you want to implement full pledge , I can recommend to use SAP TAO for more details you can contact SAP for demo.

https://websmp205.sap-ag.de/solutionmanager

Thanks,

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

Thanks for your reply. It has almost solved all my doubts and fell in line with all the information I was gathering since last few days.

Basically I was looking towards information that if HP QC can be replaced by SolMan and if yes than how. So now I came to know that SolMan can be integrated with QC and to remove it totally from landscape we need SAP TAO & some other SAP tools.

Thanks a lot.

Amit Goyal

Former Member
0 Kudos

No problem Amit . in the last line you have mentioned SAP TAO and other SAP tools . ..you don't have any other SAP tools can integreate with SAP TAO only solman and HP tools;)

Good luck:)

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi AMit,

Solman very well supports the use of manual test cases.

And for your requirement TAO will be the best option i guess.

Thanks,

Subhashini.