cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleting All Master Data for a specific location in APO

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have an APO system that is not connected to any ECC system. I am trying to delete all the data for a specific plant location.

I managed to delete all the transaction data (so I thought), and master data (PDS, Transportation lane, resources, etc).

Then I could mark the product-location for deletion. When I ran the deletion job, it cleaned up almost all the product-location excepting for a few.

When I checkd the reason using WUF for one product-location, there were soem LC Orders. In RRP3 they showed as Receipt elements with Category PrdRes(W) and were way in the past in 2008. I tried to delete them in RRP3 and the message I got was 'No valid orders selected for deletion'.

NOne of these orders appear in /SAPAPO/RLCDELETE and in transaction /SAPAPO/SDORDER_DEL. I also tried OM17 thinking that these orders are in the dB but not in liveCache.

Has any one faced this problem? Could someone pl. help me?

Thanks

Ryan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Narayanan,

You didn't mention how the orders were created. Normally, if orders are created by an external system, APO expects that the external system will also perform the deletion. Is that an option?

Also, these sound like PP orders. Try /SAPAPO/DELETE_PP_ORDER.

If you can find no other method, then one additional possibility is to first find the GUID's, and then delete the orders manually using /SAPAPO/OM_DELETE_INCON_ORDERS.

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your quick response and apologies for my incomplete info.

You didn't mention how the orders were created. Normally, if orders are created by an external system, APO expects that the external system will also perform the deletion. Is that an option?

The APO system is a copy of another APO system that is in SYNC with ECC.

Ex.

P03 (ECC ) is in SYNC with SP1 (APO).

SP1 is copied into ST1.

ST1 is not in syn with any ECC system.

I see these PrdRes(W) orders for loc-product in ST1. I could not delete them any way.

I have the same issue in SP1 which is in sync with P03 which is an ECC. I do not see these PrdRes(W) in P03 using MD04 since they are way out in the past.

How can I find the GUID? Could you pl.let me know.

Thanks

Ryan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ryan,

For PO3/SP1 I suggest that you open the orders using CO02 in ERP and attempt a TECO. Ensure that you get no Queue errors when you do this (SMQ1 in PO3 if you are using outbound queues).

For ST1, I will assume that you tried the pp program that I suggested and failed.

There are a couple of ways to find GUIDs. The easiest is to /SAPAPO/OM16. Since you are deleting an entire plant, select the tab for orders, enter your plant into the location, for order type enter 00 to FF, and execute. You will get a list of all orders that still exist in that plant. Download the list into a spreadsheet or other desktop document, then use the guid's to delete the inconsistent orders.

It seems a bit odd that you are spending this effort to try to clear out data from a system that is not being used......

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks DB49 for your fast response:

For PO3/SP1 I suggest that you open the orders using CO02 in ERP and attempt a TECO. Ensure that you get no Queue errors when you do this (SMQ1 in PO3 if you are using outbound queues).

I checked P03 and had to use transaction MB22 to see some of the reservation. I do not see in P03 all the reservation that are in SP1. These reservations do not show up on CO02.

OM16 is not helping either.

It seems a bit odd that you are spending this effort to try to clear out data from a system that is not being used......

We spun of a part of business. P03/SP1 is our current system. Now the new company is copying SP1 to ST1.

Now, I am trying to delete our data out of ST1. That is when I face this issue.

I am at a dead end. Will need some divine intervention.

Thanks for your help. Any help will be equivalent to divine intervention.

Thanks again.

Ryan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ryan,

Look elsewhere for divinity. Let me assure you, I walk in Samsara, and not Nirvana.

With respect to PO3/SP1, reservations are not deleted with CO02. CO02 allows you to TECO the production order that generated the reservation. If you can find the reservation in MB22, take the order number from that display and plug that order number into CO02. I am assuming that these are production orders......

if a particular document (production order, process order, reservation, STO, etc) doesn't exist any more in ERP, then the SCM Reconciliation program should be able to delete it, provided you still have active IMs open. /SAPAPO/CCR.

There are many ways SCM systems can lose synchronicity with ERP. Allowing inconsistencies to remain after 2 years means that there may be many different reasons for the errors, and therefore different solutions to arrive at consistency. If the reconciliation program will not fix the problem, it becomes more difficult. Here are some things that may help:

Delete any temporary quantities.

Go to OSS notes, search on /SAPAPO/CCR, and other reconciliation topics.

Refer to SAP help about integration:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm70/helpdata/EN/15/91b07822ad11d5b4010050dadf0791/frameset.htm

Follow best practices for integration:

http://service.sap.com/~sapidb/011000358700000715082008E

http://service.sap.com/~sapidb/011000358700007382512002E

Now, to your 'orphan' system ST1. You are trying to maintain data in SCM that is designed to be maintained by the connected OLTP system. Do not be surprised if SCM fights you every step of the way.

You say that OM16 is not helping. What does that mean? Are you saying you are finding no orders against this location? Or what?

You haven't confirmed that you attempted /SAPAPO/DELETE_PP_ORDER. Have you done this?

There is no program in SCM to manually delete manual reservations that have been cif'd across. use Function Module /SAPAPO/DM_RESERVATION_DELETE. SE37, enter FM, enter logical system of source of the reservations, blank for 'all' under IV_DELNR, otherwise do one-by-one.

Here are the steps I follow when I am clearing out a system, with PPDS. If you also are using SNP, there are probably more steps.

1 ERP - Deactivate any CIFs

2 SCM - Run Delta reports (transactional data) /SAPAPO/CCR - CIF_DELTAREPORT3. This probably won't work for you in the orphan system if you have no attached partner system. If it works, delete items that have no active models.

3 SCM - Report /SAPAPO/DELETE_PP_ORDER u2013 delete all orders, including external.

4 SCM - Report /SAPAPO/SDRQCR21 clean up any inconsistent requirements. This may not work if you have no attached system.

5 SCM - Report /SAPAPO/SDORDER_DEL clean up any old sd orders. There is a newer version available for this program that may be available in your system: /SAPAPO/ZRD_SDORDER_DEL. Runs quicker, less confusing.

6 SCM - Correct LiveCache inconsistencies ALL data Txn SAPAPO/OM17

7 SCM - Delete all PPMs (ERP Production Versions). Mass tool SAPAPO/PPM_DEL sometimes works. This report must be run interactively, batch is NOT available. This program does a poor job trapping errors, so any inconsistent orders against a PPM will cause this program to dump. For difficult to delete PPMs, try to delete all operations, save, inactivate, then delete.

8 SCM - If there are any existing orders which are preventing the deletion of any PPMs, you will have to find them using SAPAPO/OM16 and delete them using /SAPAPO/OM_DELETE_INCON_ORDERS. This is a last resort!

9 SCM - Delete existing Resources (Work Centers)

10 SCM - Delete External Procurement relationships (purchase info records) - SAPAPO/MTI2

11 SCM - Delete Transportation lane material assignments,

12 SCM - Delete Manual Reservations. No Standard program, use SE37 /SAPAPO/DM_RESERVATION_DELETE, enter name of logical system, blank for 'all' under IV_DELNR, otherwise do one-by-one.

13 SCM - If any remaining orders prevent deletion of product masters, try /SAPAPO/VS_CONS_CHECK

14 SCM - if you elect to delete a material, all safety stock orders must be deleted. Run SS heuristic.

15 SCM - Consider if Product Location masters and Product masters need to be deleted. Delete as necessary using MASSD, then product delete program. Check dependencies using WUF. Can only delete a few thousand at a time with WUF or you sometimes get 'no roll' dumps.

16 SCM - Fix IM Queue Errors, Outbound (& inbound if you are using it) This may have to be done several times, check after each step.

Some of these steps may not be applicable to you.

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the detailed reply. This did not solve the problem yet but certainly helped refine the process I have to cleanup.

Anyway. I will defer discussing about Samsara and Nirvana for another day.

I will award you the full point for certainly helping me. But I am going to open another question and hoping to be to more specific about the problem.

Thanks DB49.

Regards

Ryan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Narayan,

We want to a system copy of our production system in which we want to keep on configuration & delete all data & then connect it to new ECC system which will become the source.

Is there any way we can achieve this so that we have got configuration only & no data in our Prod copy.

Regards

ajay sehgal