cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Picking and Packing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Can I confirm that picking and packing is done separately after transfer order is created in the SAP system?

I found that when I create the Transfer order in the transaction code, picking and packing is done immediately when the transfer order is created. Could an expert explain for me how this happens?

Cheers!

Tom

Edited by: fourminutes tom on Dec 19, 2010 3:05 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Picking and further confirmation of picking is controlled by transfer order.

You can find the controls related to transfer order using t.code OMLX based on the warehouse, storage types and movement types. Click on the movement type button. Inside you can find a column confirm immediately box. In your case, this field is checked. Hence when a TO is created and when you click on the save button, it immediately gets confirmed.

Since transfer orders are also used in trasfer posting, similar setting is also available in t.code OMKZ.

For pakcing controls, you can check the t.code 0VLK, select the delivery type and click on details. There is a box for automatic packing, which needs to be ticked for automatic packing.

Also at delivery item category level, t.code 0VLP, select the item category and click on the details button. Here you can see a field for packing control and for auto packing value A is selected.

You may also need to check t.code OVHU2,if handling units are used in the packing process.

Regards,

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tom,

you can also check in OMKZ, OMLX.

how it happens automatically if configured.

balajia

Edited by: balaji timmampalli achari on Dec 20, 2010 5:32 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Tom,

If we have maintain the WMTA condition record and also if the relavant customization is done , then picking and packing is done immediately.

Relavant customization is manaintained

SPRO>>Logistics execution>>warehouse mgmt>>.activities>>Transfers>>Define Movement Types

Select the combination of warehouse number and movement type

Here all the setings are maintained for automatic transfer orders and transfers orders can be confirmed immediately.

I hope this helps.

Br,

Tushar

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

yes, you are right.

if ware house management is in picture, then picking and packing happens automatically you cannot see different number ranges for picking and packing seperately in document flow.

even in delivery also with out WM you cannot see seperately.

balajia