cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Queries on PO ref no of Replenishment order generated in SNC5.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

a. We are using SNC 5.1. Now when I look into the Replenishment order (Sales order) created in SNC, I get the PO ref no at item level in SNC Replenishmnet order (i.e. Sales order) and not at header level . We are doing customer collboration in SNC and not supplier collaboration.

Hi,

1st query

When the Sales order is generated in R/3 based upon the replenishment order from SNC, where does PO ref no gets copied in R/3 sales order.

1. Both at Header and Item level

2. Only at Header level and Item level field is blank

3. Header is blank and only at item level

Out of these 3 which one is correct.

2nd query

Can we have 2 different PO nos in one Replenishment order in SNC 5.1.

product A: PO ref no P4564748,29

Product B: PO ref no P4567899,30

If we clearly see the above PO's they start with P and then number and again comma and number. Is it possible to have such combination?

THX

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear VAIBHAV VIRKUD,

You can see my comments below,

a. We are using SNC 5.1. Now when I look into the Replenishment order (Sales order) created in SNC, I get the PO ref no at item level in SNC Replenishmnet order (i.e. Sales order) and not at header level . We are doing customer collboration in SNC and not supplier collaboration.

Hi,

1st query

When the Sales order is generated in R/3 based upon the replenishment order from SNC, where does PO ref no gets copied in R/3 sales order.

1. Both at Header and Item level

2. Only at Header level and Item level field is blank

3. Header is blank and only at item level

Out of these 3 which one is correct.

[YUSUF SAHIN] : Briefly, PO number is being updated for both of two levels on SO in ECC side which means, answer is 1.

2nd query

Can we have 2 different PO nos in one Replenishment order in SNC 5.1.

product A: PO ref no P4564748,29

Product B: PO ref no P4567899,30

If we clearly see the above PO's they start with P and then number and again comma and number. Is it possible to have such combination?

[YUSUF SAHIN] Firstly it is possible to define prefix for your PO number which mean you can fallow your PO Number as you mentioned above. Even you can define the suffix for your PO number. To do this, you can fallow the below steps.

1) Execute this T.code : /N/SCA/ICH_RR_NA

2) There is a section under the Master Data called by 'Maintenance Number Range Interval Attributes'. Run this section

and define your prefix as P4564748, for the level which you want to fallow this systematic.

Note: 'Max. number Length' field in this screen should be align with the total lenght of Prefix and PO Number range.

For your case, the length of prefix is 9 char and the lenght of PO number is 2 char which means you should define

'Max. number Length' as 11 for your record.

3) And then go to the section 'Purchase Order Number Range Intervals' again and define your number range as below:

interval from : 0

interval to : 99 ( can be extended. But 'Max. number Length' in 'Maintenance Number Range Interval Attributes' should be

updated according to this extension)

Now Let me come to critical point which is fallowing the PO numbers separately for each item for same order.

This request has been never requested from me before. But i have one way in my mind which maybe can help you to

handle this case in the SNC. The solution i have is a little bit paintfull. There is a field in 'Maintenance Number Range Interval Attributes' screen called by 'Purchasing Group'. Firstly you can define 'Purchasing Group' for each products in the master data which you want to specify PO Number by using the same product name again. Forexample :

Producut Purchasing Group

product A Product A

Product B Product A

Then you can define the prefix for each group (which means each product) in 'Maintenance Number Range Interval Attributes' screen like below

Supplier Purchasin Group Prefix

XXX Product A P4564748,

XXX Product B P4567899,

You can try this if it wont work as what you request then code development can be applied atleast to fix this requirement.

Note: In case my solution is working correctly pls make a test for full cycle (SO creation, SO confirmation, Delivery Creation)

to be sure about there is no mapping problem once you get the interface from ECC to SNC for confirmation and delivery.

I hope the solution i share with you can be helpfull for you.

Cheers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vaibhav,

1st query

Answer is 2. Only at Header level(PO Number field) and Item level field is blank.

About query 2 it is not possible but i am not sure.

regards,

Nikhil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nikhil there were different ans for 1st questions. Thanks for clarification.

Former Member
0 Kudos

On one RO order ( i.e. Sales order) in SNC5.1, for one material and one line item, Is it possible to have different PO ref numbers at header and at item level

for eg 318845 at Header and 01301 at Item level.

Thx

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vaibhav,

From this last example, it sounds like you are referring to item numbering. this is always different for each line item.

In regards to PO numbers, you can have for the same product (but differnt parner for example a different PO number assigned, but it will always behave in a way you described if you change the PO for one item in the order, all items will be adjusted.

For the same product, location, and all same you cannot have 2 differnet values for a PO number within an order.

J.

Former Member
0 Kudos

So are u saying that for different products in one Sales order in SNC5.1, I can have different PO nos in SNC(5.1) but cannot have if the sales order has 2 line items with same number?

Pl elaborate.

In Sales order ( Replenishment ->Replenishment Order--> Replenishment order details) when I see the sales order details I get 2 fields in 'Reference documents' in Item area, one is PO no and other is 'PO Item no'. . What does these field represents?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Firsth of all, there is no sales order in SNC. SO is created in ERP (SD), SNC triger it with RO. But SO# created in SNC.

Secondly. PO# functions in SO. It is a check number for dublication of SO. It is header level and a SO document has only one PO#. You can not create two SO with same PO#. But PO# is not an obligatory field in SD. You can create a SO without PO# (you can cust. this).

A sales order can have many items, and each item has diffirent item number.

My understanding from your business case; you want to create new items with same PO# for a time period. This means in SD part; you will not create new SO (because you can't create, you only one PO#), you need to add new items to previosly created SO.

Other important issue if this is RR scenario, your customer will create PO in own system with same PO# and PO item numbers. if you want to use only one PO#, every time your customer need to change PO with adding new items. It means PO will never closed until time period.

thanks

Ibrahim

Former Member
0 Kudos

why don't you try split functionality for RO? for example you can split RO according specific field, then you can list, report SO.. you can think SO documents as your items..

thanks

Ibrahim

Edited by: Ibrahim Gok on Jan 6, 2011 1:59 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am not sure about the your first query but for second query yes, in SNC its possible to have replenishment order having two different product with different PO numbers assigned.

Thanks

Pravin

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have tried this but when we try to change the PO number of one item and try to save then it also changes for second item.

So in SNC5.1 could you confirm whether this is really possible.

Thx