cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP ECC 5.0 SQL 2000 to SQL 2005 Upgrade

Former Member
0 Kudos

I want to upgrade our Ecc 5.0 system running on SQL 2000 to 2005.

I have installed SAP with sql 2005 on a new machine. Now i am planning to detach the db from sql 2000 which is on SP 19 and attach it to the new server sql 2005.

After which download the latest STM tool from the SAP Service Market Place. start the STM tool and select the "Database copy" option as per note 799058.

Is this right? Should i do any other steps. Please let me know if you have done this.

Thanks

Joyce

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Joyce,

From your description, Note 799058 Section III 'HOMOGENEOUS SYSTEM COPY TO MS SQL SERVER 2005' seems relevant.

Please make sure to run script sap_droproc before detaching and also pay special attention to the collation settings.

Apart from these, rest should be fine. We tried the same procedure previusly and did not run into any issues.

Regards,

Srikishan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sri , Your awesome.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have to use the system after detaching the database and attaching it to new system. I want to know what the sap_drop procedure does. Will i be able to use the system after running the sap_drop procedure and detaching the database.

Please advice

Thanks

joyce

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joyce,

Yes you would be able to use the systems even after executing the drop stored procedures commands.

SQL stored procedures contain only stastistics about stored procedures and dynamic statements.

These procedures are usually created by the SAP Kernel (only till 6.40, NW 700 does not have the stored procedure).

And the Kernel would regenerate the stored procedure as needed during the runtime.

More info about stored procedures at http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/ef/cb26bd6a5c204081c09120d43ddda5/content.htm and Note 333458.

Regards,

Srikishan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Perfect. Thanks

Answers (0)