Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Technical Usage Selection

former_member424387
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello All,

We are upgrading our 4.7 to ECC 6 Ehp4 . Once Upgrade is complete, our next Project is Implementation of ESS, MSS.

So 2 separate landscapes,

1) Portal with EP and EP Core -for ESS, MSS :- Separate Hardware is Procured. Installation will start after Upgrade Project is over.

2) ECC6 EHP4 - AS ABAP

Now my question is,

when I am doing the Upgrade, I created 4.7 System in SMSY, went ahead for creating STACK XML file in MOPZ, I need to select Tech Usage Types.

I have selected all relevant Usage Types including HCM.

Do I need to select HCM Self Services also here? I cannot select it- it is disabled (makes sense) because it needs Portal, and my System is defined as 4.7 System.

Am I fine to go ahead without selecting HCM Self Services in the 4.7 System to be Upgraded to ECC?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

SMSY recognizes the 4.7 system as ABAP and hence the Self Services usage is disabled.

You can continue with the upgrade (stack generation) without Self service usage type as it is applicable only to the Portal system.

Later if you need the portal also to be referenced in the Solution Manager - create a system for Portal in SMSY with product version as ERP and then technical usage Self Service should be activated.

Regards,

Srikishan

Answers (0)