cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP GUI 720 PL4: "Failed to load administrator rule file"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

we are up to install SAP GUI 720 PL4 compilation (dated 15.12.2010) and are getting the following information when opening either LogOn Pad or Configuration Pad:

"Failed to load administrator rule file. Check your installation".

We did re-install the package several times, did delete the whole SAP folder afterwards as well etc. but without any effect.

We also installed with local admin-account.

What we couuld further see is that in "SAP GUI Security" pad there are no standard SAP security rules available like mentioned in the config guide!

So are we anything missing?

Your help is kindly appreciated.

Best regards

bivision

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Resolved the Problem By Installing MSXML 4.0 Service Pack 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If Unistall and Re Install does not work, then re-install MSXML4 for all users. The MSXML4 installation can be found in folder NW_7.0_Presentation\PRES1\GUI\WINDOWS\WIN32\system of Presentation DVD 1 and the filename is msxml4.msi.

Please Refer to Note : 1524286.

Hope that Helps.

BAsis TEam

OIL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone, I had the same problem, I re-installed MSXML4 and now the SAP GUI is working perfect!

former_member204677
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello bivision,

please check, if the saprules.xml file is in the sagui directory. If yes, maybe MSXML4 parser is not installed correctly...

Regards,

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we had the same problem.

Installating of MSXML4.0 solved the issue, you can also check https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1524286 for further information.

An inquiry if MSXML6.0 may be used instead revealed that MSXML6.0 is not compatible to MSXML4.0.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

thanks for the replies.

I did check the issues:

Yes, the saprule.xml file is availabe in the install-folder.

I did check the MSXML and it is installed. However, I reinstalled it with the package from the compilation CD

..but, still the same error!

Anything it could be? Perhaps some false registry entry etc.?

Regards

bivision

Peter_Inotai
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I've had the same problem. After installing MSXML 4.0 SP2 AND 6.0 (so both), the issue was solved.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have this problem when upgrade SAPGUI 6.4, Patch 26 with the installation kit, but have had no issues upgrading from SAPGUI 7.1 patch 11 or patch 16. Has anyone else seen this issue? The SAP note referenced above says the issue should only be seen when upgrading from 7.1.

Thanks

m_said1
Discoverer
0 Kudos

The suggestion to install MSXML 4.0 SP2 together with MSXML 6.0 did solve my problem for my SAPGUI720 installation on Windows XP. The SAP Signature Theme displayed correctly on the desktop after MSXML installations.

Thanks Peter for your suggestion.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hmm... I still have this problem...furthermore, the GUI now hangs when accessing SE80 and opening any method or implementation...(I tried to re-install GUI7.10 and the last mentioned problem does exist there as well...)

any ideas?