cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XI 3.0: Extending The "Processing Details" area of the Monitor

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP Community,

Under http://Server:5XX00/mdt/channelmonitorservlet you can monitor the current status of one or more communication channel. Under the "Cluster Node" tab after you select a node you can get "Processing Details".

The Processing Details looks a bit like this:

12/16/10 7:00:09 PM d8958eea-389e-41c2-2931-fb3f3a5c8877 Polling interval started. Length: 3600.0 seconds

12/16/10 7:00:09 PM d8958eea-389e-41c2-2931-fb3f3a5c8877 Processing finished successfully

12/16/10 7:00:09 PM d8958eea-389e-41c2-2931-fb3f3a5c8877 Message with ID d8958eea-389e-41c2-2931-fb3f3a5c8877 processed

12/16/10 7:00:08 PM Processing started

Unfortunately, the amount of information that is available here is highly limited as far as history. For example, you can only get the last 10 or so line entries. Is this information stored anywhere else longer term? Is it accessible anywhere else? Is there any way to extend how much history is shown/kept in "Processing Details"?

Many thanks....

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Obviously you already got an answer to this question as the time the thread was opnened.

Anyway, I was searching for this thing right now.

I found that it is possible to increase the history entries on Processing Details log easily.

In Visual Admin, open your server node, services, SAP XI AF Core.

There you have a parameter called administration.processHistoryLength.

Adjust it's value to the number of lines you want to see in the Processing Details log. The default value is 25, I changed it to 100. Update and Save it. It will inform you that is necessary to restart the service, and after that you will get the history as long as you set.

I hope it helps someone else.

Cheers!

Waldemar Roberti

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can choose the message for more information about the processing information on Audit Log... in RWB.

Message specific information are SXMB_MONI as well.

Yo have the option in Availability Tab to check/increase the Visible rows & the date ranges

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for the reply.

Checking the message in SXMB_MONI isn't always an option. If something goes wrong with the Communication Channel (inbound) it'll never reach the integration engine and thus will never appear in SXMB_MONI.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you check out the trace level value in instance profile?

Former Member
0 Kudos

What's the name of the parameter you are referring to in the Instance Profile? Is this parameter Java or ABAP?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I could not get the parameter name it is for JAVA; i will check that will get back;

check the below note 1031773

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any Luck on this; Can you check this "761921" Note