cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Router ping fails

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

We do not have any problem opening the connection for SAP to remote log in to our systems.

But once the connection is established, it stays connected for a day or two and then the ping does not respond and the connection cancels out saying the host did not respond.

When I try to ping manually using the niping program, the connection re-establishes.

Could it be because of VPN tunneling issues?

Please suggest.

Routestring : /H/172.29.4.57/S/3299

Thanks,

Siri

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you talked to your network colleagues and asked them whether they can implement some keep alive communication between the routers building up the VPN so that it is kept established? In that case the SAP router should be reachable at all time.

Kind regards,

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siri,

Hope this is due to idle connection, in such a case I would recommend you to create a shell script to ping the destination and schedule it as a cron job every one hour. This will ensure that the connection is active always.

Regards,

SBK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We resolved the issue.

We recently changed our servers IP addresses, and for some weird reason the IP address for the system in the SAP market place was showing our old IP address.

I had to go in to the system data tab in the market place and update the IP address to reflect that of the correct one. And this solved this issue.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think if VPN tunnel is ideal for some time then it will get disconnected. To keep tunnel alive you need to send some (ping) packets may be hourly.