Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BW-Securing Just One InfoArea in RSA1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Question from a BW security newb here. We have one infoarea I need to remove all access to from a group of power users so they cant even display this one tree. In S_RS_COMP I restricted this particular infoarea which works great in query designer as the Infoarea doesnt even display. However in RSA1 its not the same.. I can see the infoarea and drill into it. There is no checks on the infoarea in RSA1 but only with objects within it such as the infoObjects. My question, am I missing something? Is there a way to secure one specific infoarea from displaying in RSA1? Or must I now enable AuthorizationRelevant on every single infoobject in this area so nothing will display for them?

Thanks Gurus!

Alex

Edited by: Alex Williams on Dec 17, 2010 4:41 PM

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Alex,

You can't secure the access for Infoareas from RSA1 and the current authorization set doesn't allow for the same.

However, If you are referring to BW system (not BI), you can add restriction on InfoCubes by creating authorization objects from RSSM transaction code.

Regards,

Raghu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Wow, that stinks. Thanks for info Raghu. Guess I'll be spending rest of day creating authorizations on each infoobject within this area.

Alex

0 Kudos

Yes Alex. The Datawarehouse Workbench doesn't have a field to restrict on a specific infoarea/provider. Hence, when you give access to RSA1 (Datawarehouse workbench), user will get access to all the infoareas.

Regards,

Raghu