SAP for Oil, Gas, and Energy Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and navigate the evolving energy landscape. Join the conversation today!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDES OIL-600 Installation taking forever!!!!! Please Help!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts

I am trying to install IDES OIL-600 that I recently downloaded from SAP Marketplace. I initially tried AS ABAP + AS JAVA (with ECC, Self Service and EP usage types) but now running the installation for only AS ABAP with ECC. This installation is for a central instance on Windows Server 2003 64bit SR2 and MaxDB. The hardware is Intel Xeon 2.0GHz with 8GB RAM.

THE ISSUE:

It doesn't matter which components and usage types I select, the installation starts fine but as soon as it reached the step 'Create Database Instance', it just stays there for DAYS!!! The CPU usage is not that high and after a few days even RAM usage gets below 1GHz. The hard drive light stays on suggesting some heavy read/write.

Am I doing anything wrong? Should it take that long? So far I have terminated the installation process three times to re-start but as soon as it gets to the 'Create Database Instance' step, it just stays there forever.

Any advice would be highly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello. Without knowing your installation parameters, it is difficult to troubleshoot your issue. I had a situation where a DB2 database install was hanging. I had to change the database port specification so it did not conflict with the ECC 6 port.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello. Without knowing your installation parameters, it is difficult to troubleshoot your issue. I had a situation where a DB2 database install was hanging. I had to change the database port specification so it did not conflict with the ECC 6 port.