cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

tcode /SAPAPO/TSCUBE - UOM conversion

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I would like to know about how the value of a key figure is copied from the infocube to a DP planning area using tcode /SAPAPO/TSCUBE.

I have the following scenario.

Infocube has key figure value as 2000 EA,

The planning area UOM is ST

Product Master base UOM is EA

Product Master alternate UOM has 1 ST = 5 EA

When I execute the tcode /SAPAPO/TSCUBE to copy data from the cube to the planning area, the value is copied as 2000 ST which means no conversion of the UOM in cube to the UOM of planning area takes place. It should ideally convert 2000 EA to 400 ST using the alternate UOM in product master.

Is this how the program functions such that it only copies the key figure value ignoring the conversion factor between UOMs of infocube and planning area?

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Ehsan Ahmed

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thansk for sharing this information.

Thanks

Amol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Yes it works as you are expecting. It should read the data from product master base UOM. To enable, you must have the characteristic assigned to the product in the POS and then maintain UOM conversion in the product master (you get the description as well).

There are some gotchas...you can convert at a 'higher' level, but every product must have a UOM conversion for the UOM you wish to convert to, otherwise it might not work.

Hope this helps...

Thanks

Amol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I raised an OSS note and got a reply that transaction/sapapo/tscube doesn't support any unit

conversion. When data is loaded from the InfoCube, no unit of measure (UOM) conversion takes place.

This is the way the system is designed for performance reasons.That means the UOM of the data in the InfoCube has to be the SAME as the UOM of the data in the planning area.

thanks

Ehsan Ahmed