Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Components: Commitment and Actual Cost

fortian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm assigning components to cost activities using Stock item category with procurement type: PReq + Reservation for WBS Element.

The issue is that no commitment cost is appearing once the components purchase requisitions are created. Once I post good issue (through MIGO) only the difference between the planned cost and the purchase actual cost appears on the reports as an actual cost.

All this process is working fine with external activities (I'm not assigning components) the purchase requisition cost appears on the commitment reports and the complete actual cost appears once I pot good issue.

I don't know if it might be a account determination problem or it might be some wrong customization?

Thanks,

mforman

Edited by: mforman on Dec 17, 2010 2:46 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member220491
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

To show material cost as commitment item once PR gets generated, this can be acheived by creating Cost element for all the inventory related G/L accounts which are used in defining in T:OBYC for account determination against the valuation class assigned in material master. out of these G/L accounts few are Balance sheet accounts and few are P&L accounts. For All balance sheet accounts (in OBYC) ask the CO consultant to create cost elements with cost element category as 90, for all P&L accounts with CE category as 1. Once they define the cost elements, Refresh the information database with T: code: CJEN. Then you can see the commitments generated against material components also. Commitments are not getting updated in your report as there are no cost elements for Balance sheet Accounts.

Thanks & Regards

kishore

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Once I post good issue (through MIGO) only the difference between the planned cost and the purchase actual cost appears on the reports as an actual cost.

i just want to clarify what values appear in your report.? you mean if planned cost is 100 and purchase order amt is 90 and goods issue is 50, the report for actual cost is 100? (difference between planned cost and purchase actual cost?)

anyway i believe this may be due to current standard of SAP wherein PR's and PO's from reservations are not treated as project commitments since technically it is going first to stock (therefore charged to the company, not to the project) and becomes actual cost only upon goods issuance..

regards

fortian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

We've realize that if we create a PO (from ME21N) with account assignment Q (as the ones generated from the Project) the cost of it doesn't appear as Commitment. But if we create the PR with account assignment P the cost appears as commitment in the project reports.

Does this information clarifies anything?

Thanks

former_member230675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> Hi,

>

> We've realize that if we create a PO (from ME21N) with account assignment Q (as the ones generated from the Project) the cost of it doesn't appear as Commitment. But if we create the PR with account assignment P the cost appears as commitment in the project reports.

> Does this information clarifies anything?

>

> Thanks

Please ask your CO consultant to create Statistical Cost Element for the Inventory GLs.

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

PR of component and external activity are entirely different. Why dont you try with internal activity and assign the same components and see what happens when you create PR and GR for the component.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

The GL Account

- for your External processing activity might have a Cost Elemnent

- & for your material component might not have.

Just check.

fortian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I've checked on a project and both have it, the material a G/L account and the external activity a cost element.

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear, you should check whether the G/L account mentioned in material PR has cost element or not

fortian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Perfect, I've checked on FSS0 tcode the G/L account of the PR and assigned a cost element and now the PR cost appears as commitment on the report.

But the component cost stills not appearing in the RemOrdPlan ammount, do you think this could have any relationship with the G/L Account issue?

thanks a lot

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In short, RemOrdplan = Plan - (acualt + commitment)(network values) , so if your planned cost of network equals to actual + commitment cost, then you wont find the RemOrdplan. check it.

fortian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

But it should appear while the PR is not created, shouldn't it?

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes It should. But, I would suggest you to create a new project and do your testing and see whether the report shows correctly or not.

fortian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I've done it already, so it might not be a problem with the cost element.

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok, now tell me what is your planned cost, actual, commitments, give me these details from a report and mention the report tcode.

fortian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm using report S_ALR_87013533.

I've created a project in which I just assigned a component to a cost activity.

The project has not been released yet.

At the report there is only the value of the component on the Plan column, this value also appears on Available column. The rest have zero value.

Thanks for your time.

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You should check your OPSV settings, tick the "assigned funds in plan" check box for order category 20 and then run CJEN, now check the reports and comeback.

fortian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

"assigned funds in plan" was already checked (Addit. field too). Nevertheless I ran CJEN but I didn't' notice any change in the report.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

Might be simple but Check "Cost Relevancy" indicator for the component.

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Also check your OPL1 settings for Network planned cost variant to see how the "Material Tab" in the valuation variant is configured.

regards

fortian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

"Cost Relevancy" for the component is already ticked. Thanks anyway

Edited by: mforman on Dec 22, 2010 9:12 AM

fortian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In reference to the settings on OPL1, I checked the valuation variant for "Network: planned" and on "Material Val." tab we have:

1 - Standard Price

2 - Moving Average Price

It seems correct, isn't it?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, it is correct.

lets try to find the remaining causes.

fortian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Any other ideas?

Thanks