cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Systemcopy to Windows 2008 R2 Server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a question concerning SAP Net Weaver Systems and Windows 2008 (R2) Support.

Now Windows 2008 R2 is also released from the SAP for a lot u201Colderu201D Products like:

- SAP Net Weaver 7.00 SR3

- SAP Net Weaver 7.01

In the SAP Notes it is described that SAP Net Weaver Releases like

- SAP Net Weaver 7.00

- SAP Net Weaver 7.00 SR1

- SAP Net Weaver 7.00 SR2

have to be upgraded to one of the supported SAP Releases.

My question is now, if I had installed a SAP System with the Installation CD/DVDu2019s from for example SAP Netweaver 7.00 SR1 and implemented the newest Kernel and ABAP/JAVA Support Stacks, can I handle the System as a SAP Netweaver 7.00 SR3 system or not.

In my opinion a Service Release is only a Export CD with a higher included level of Kernel and Support Sacks.

What is your opinion. Am I wrong?

Thanks for your help.

Regards

Franz-Josef

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Franz-Josef,

Yes you can use NetWeaver 7.0 SR3 and perform a system copy. Service Release are used mainly for defining the way a system has to be installed. For example from ECC 6.0 SR2 you can install only on a 64 bit system, whereas SR1 had the option to install on 32bit systems.

In the same way in SR3, if you notice you will prompted to enter the Solman key during step 2 of the installation phase whereas in SR2 you have to key in while defining the parameters.

Regards,

SBK

Former Member
0 Kudos

> My question is now, if I had installed a SAP System with the Installation CD/DVDu2019s from for example SAP Netweaver 7.00 SR1 and implemented the newest Kernel and ABAP/JAVA Support Stacks, can I handle the System as a SAP Netweaver 7.00 SR3 system or not.

yes.

> In my opinion a Service Release is only a Export CD with a higher included level of Kernel and Support Sacks.

that is not only your opinion, it is the way SR's are defined.

For the new Windows Operating system we primary need a minimum Kernel version and - depending on the database also a certain SP-Stack for the newer database version possibly used when installing on this new plattform.

regards

Peter