Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Needs to be control S_GUI auth.

Former Member
0 Kudos

R/S All,

I need to give authorization of copy (CTRLY) & PASTE (CTRLV) to my users but not the " EXPORT " function.

I have given authorization of S_GUI. In that if I remove value 61 to block "EXPORT" then users are not able to use Copy-Paste

function too.

Kindly guide me to for a solution where my users can have only authority of Copy & Paste not the EXPORT.

11 REPLIES 11

arpan_paik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Makhija,

This is not possible. However I do not understand what is the use of this? S_GUI (61) is common authorization and generally allowed to all users in system. Regarding sensitive data they are protected by another object (S_BDS_DS). S_GUI provide authorization to download non-sensitive data only.

Regards,

Arpan Paik

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Makhija,

The issue might be with SAP GUI. What is the GUI patch level. Also, try to install the latest GUI patch level.

If the issue persists, trace out what it is looking using ST01 trace. S_GUI authorization object should give you the functionality. However, the report that you were executing might need some thing else too

Rgds,

Raghu

0 Kudos

hello,

I am using SAP GUI 720 Final Release.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Which version of SAP Gui are you on? I remember reading one of the SDN threads couple of months back which mentioned that "SAPGui Security Center" is a new feature available in version 7.20 which allows us to control such functionality like CTRL+Y, etc

Not sure how this can be achieved though, may be someone knowing it can enlighten me in this thread

[http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/002444be-7018-2d10-e18e-a8c537198ef6?quicklink=index&overridelayout=true]

Also, I tested out the scenerio with a user without S_GUI authorizations and CTRLY seems to work fine. Maybe, you can try clicking on the 2-color monitor icon (or press ALT-F12) and choose Quick Cut and Paste as a alternative to copying via CTRLY.

Just my 2 cents:-)

Sandipan

0 Kudos

I am using SAP GUI 720 Final Release. Thanks for the concern opation (ALT+F12)

0 Kudos

Even if user do not have access to S_GUI (61) still they can use Ctrl+Y (or quick copy) for SAP generic screen data. But for actual business data (example a table data) they need access to S_GUI (61) to copy or download them.

Regards,

Arpan Paik

0 Kudos

Hi,

I am using SAP GUI 7.20 and didn't find any option in the SAP GUI Options -> Security. The only option I see is under the Interaction Design -> Keyboard settings, is "Copy and paste as a matrix inline", which is by default checked.

As per my knowledge the SAP GUI Options doesn't have an option to restrict Ctrl Y, C or any other shortcuts.

Rgds,

Raghu

Edited by: Raghu Boddu on Dec 21, 2010 2:48 PM

0 Kudos

@Arpan,

I am on ECC 5.0 and can use CTRL+Y to copy table data with a test user not having access to S_GUI (ACTVT=61). Did you try this in any specific version of SAP?

@Raghu,

Thanks for checking for the option on SAP GUI 7.20...too bad there isn't any to resolve this issue.

0 Kudos

what exactly are you trying to copy and paste(screens or data)? As I checked here both quick copy and paste as well as CTRL+Y works for me on 7.20 which is irrelevant to authorisations.

0 Kudos

@Sandipan : I am in ECC 6.0

0 Kudos

I am coping data. Tring to copy a coloum (multipal cells).