cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Required Full permissions to fiel when placed in oter FTP server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

when Reciever adapter places a file in other FTP location, file should have full permissions (777).

can any one let me know how to achieve this functionality....

Thank You,

Madhav

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You Need to check if you have the Read and write permissions for the ftp Location you are mentioning.

Also check whether the User Id /pwd that is used for Authentication has the rights to read and write.

Regards,

Sainath Chutke

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

ran a script to solve the issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

I feel you are writing the file across application server with in your landscape, this could lead to conflict. if not then consult your BASIS team to provide the required (777) authorization to the file system path & folder for the user ID in that application server.

without this authorization you will not be able to pick the file from XI system.

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> I feel you are writing the file across application server with in your landscape, this could lead to conflict. if not then consult your BASIS team to provide the required (777) authorization to the file system path

required is read permission, 777 is a security breach, everyone can overwrite and even delete those files.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Madhav,

You need to have write persimions to place file else will receive an alert for that.

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

i am able to place files, file should have 777 permissions

Former Member
0 Kudos

777 Permissions signify(at unix level 😞 777

Read Write Execute for Owner

Read Write Execute for Group

Read Write Execute for Others

Regards,

Sainath Chutke

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Consult the documentation of your FTP server, usually you have to configure a lower security level or put a special "umask" configuration.

Since we don't know what FTP server software you use it's impossible to get concrete.

Markus