cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use of periodic lot sizing in SNP heuristics

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am using APO V5.1.

I am using the standard APO SNP heuristic, and have periodic lot sizing working OK, with a 2 week periodic type.

But I want to try and model the fact that certain products are to be produced in 'even' weeks and other products are to be produced in 'odd' weeks.

I thought that the use of different planning calendars for the different products would help here, but I do not think SNP is recognising the planning calendars.

Any other ideas on this?...

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am completely not sure about your requirement but I think you can use the period type K and calendar as per your planning calendar and try simulate the scenario.This is in product master "lot size" view periodic field.

Hope this can help.

regards,

kaushik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kaushik,

Thanks for your reply.

If I use period type K with a planning calendar, the system appears to do no periodic lot sizing.

The 'help text' for 'planning calendar' on the product lot size tab says that SNP does not use the 'planning calendar' field.

So, I'm trying to think of another approach to allow certain products to have planned orders on for example, weeks 1, 3, 5, 7...

and other products to have planned orders on weeks 2, 4, 6, 8...

Any thoughts?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hI,

Wanted to know if you have checked the option and tryed the same in system since the helptext says the same will not be considered by optimizer but will be considerd by heuristic.

Period Lot Size

Specifies that a period lot-sizing procedure is used in Supply Network Planning (SNP) and Production Planning and Detailed Scheduling (PP/DS).

Use

Use in SNP

This indicator is only used in heuristic-based planning (and not in optimization-based planning). If you set this indicator, the system groups the demand quantities of several consecutive periods together and creates orders to fulfill the quantity of this combined demand.

The period type and number of periods can be entered in the accompanying fields Period Type and No. of Periods. You can set the start time for the grouping in the Lot Size Grp. Start field.

The settings you make in the Lot Size Strategy field govern the period in which the combined demand is placed and the demand fulfillment order is created.

When calculating lot sizes and creating orders, the system considers all the other lot size settings from the location product master, such as minimum and maximum lot size, rounding value, and rounding profile.

Now for the solution you are thinking if possible you can divide the plant in two parts if the materials are accounted differntly and keep two different factory calendars for the same and go ahead.This may be not a good solution but I thought I can share this with you.

Hope this can help.

regards,

kaushik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kaushik,

Where are you reading this help text?

Which version of APO are you using here?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am using SAP APO 7.0 and i am reading the text by clicking F1 in the periodic lot size radio button in product master 'lot size' tab.

regards,

kaushik

Answers (0)