Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding Custom Fileds in /SAPAPO/MAT1

arpan_de2
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to add Z fields in the Extra Tab of /SAPAPO/MAT1. All the AT* fields have been used for other purpose. So I need to create custom fields and those should be visible in Extra tab. Data needs to be passed through CIF to APO. Please let me know how I can add those custom fields in /SAPAPO/MAT1 Transaction.

Thanks,

Arpan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Arpan,

You can create any number of extra fields in Product location by using EEWB ( Easy enhacement workbench) this is also the transaction name .

create custom field using EEWB.

Details are as follows.

- Create a custom Package named as "XXXX"

- Released the transport request of the custom Package

- Using Tx EEWB create a project named as "YYYYY"

- extend creation "XXXX".

Rest try for yourself. You will struggle in starting but it will get resolve

I have craeated 12 custom fiels in Product location & every thing works fine

Regards

Vaibhav Sareen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

we do have a same kind of requirement , i.e. to Create 4 customer fields in SCM, and to transfer the data from R/3.

for this we have created the 4 new fields using EEWB, so both /SAPAPO/MATIO, and /SAPAPO/MATLOC has those new fields in Structure.

In R/3 Side we have added those new fields in strucutre CI_MTLCCUS(custom structure to transfer data). and also we have added a logic in cusomr-Exit EXIT_SAPLCMAT_001 to pass the requitred fields in Changing Table OT_CIF_MATLOCCUS STRUCTURE CIFMTLCCUS (Customer Enhancement Structure for CIF_MATLOC).

Thing is that we still are not able to see the data in SCM.

we have checked outbound queues at runtime, and it doesnot have the structure OT_CIF_MATLOCCUS in the queues, where other objects like IT_CIF_MATLOC (CIF_MATLOC) are present in queues.

so please suggest me, the right away thing to do.

Nitin

PK09
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vaibhav,

I would like to create new fields in APO Product Master using EEWB.

What is the package you had selected while creating new project?

I am getting the following error when i try with different package name.

''Table CI_MATLOC can't be created with package $TMP"

Please share you experience and if possible step-by-step sequence to successfully create new fields in APO product master. Thank you.

Regards

PK

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Stepwise details process to transfer additional data from R/3 to APO

Add custom include to MARC

1. Create Structure to add the fields to MARC table
  2. Create Data Elements and Domain and add the fields to the newly created structure.
  3. There are 2 ways to fill the data in the custom added fields in MARC
  4. Add the field using screen enhancement or screen BADI implementation
  5. Fill the fields from any specific report program of any other given logic
  6. Create a project in transaction code CMOD
  7. Implement the following user exit

• Enhancement -  CIFMAT01
  • Function Module - EXIT_SAPLCMAT_001
  • Include                  -  ZXCIFU01

8.         In the include, write the following code:

* Field Symbol declaration
FIELD-SYMBOLS: <fs_cif_matloc> TYPE cif_matloc.

LOOP AT ct_cif_matloc ASSIGNING <fs_cif_matloc>.    

<fs_cif_matloc>-AT105 = MARC-ZXXX.
ENDLOOP.

In the same way we can explore the user exit APOCF001 at APO side to modify the data which is CIFfed from R/3

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As others told you need to add your fields to /sapapo/matloc or /sapapo/matkey tables, then you ned to get access key for any of the screen or a new tab which can be added to /sapapo/mat1.

After getting access key you can change standard program of /sapapo/mat1. This is how we have done.

alternative way is there is screen exit for /sapapo/mat1, you can use the same. If you have already used all fields of acreen exit. you can follow the above mentioned step.

regards,

Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First of all, the fields which you can see in Extra Tab of Product Master in APO are from /SAPAPO/MATLOC table and in Properties Tab, fields are from /SAPAPO/MATKEY table.

As you said,all the freely definable fields(AT101 to AT105) are used for other purposes then I would suggest to maintain the Extra Fields in structure CI_MATLOC which is editable in standard table /SAPAPO/MATLOC using this you can store the additional data into product master in APO.I think for this you have to add fields on both side R/3 as well as APO so that using CIF user EXIT you can update those fields with additional data.

Regards,

Saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Arpan,

There are 3 things you will need to do for this:-

1. Use Append structure or Include structure to add the Z fields to the Master table structure.

2. Add logic in the user exit so that the fields are updated with values. This will require effort from your ABAP team.

3. Use screen exit to display the values on the Extras tab of Prod Master. Again significant ABAP effort is involved

Hope this helps!

~Rishi

aparna_ranganathan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Arpan

Work with your ABAP team and see if they can help you add the custom fields to /sappao/matkey table. Iam not very sure what procedure has to be followed to display the field in extras tab

Thanks

Aparna