Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different Distribution channel for Sold to party & ship to party in SO

surendergupta
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi All,

In our business scenario, distribution channel is defined based on the customer type like Corporate, Individual, Dealer etc. So customer can be opened in single distribution channel only.

Now problem is, some times dealers are placing the order which is my "SOLD TO PARTY" whose dist. channel is DE & shipment has to happen to corporate customer whose Dist. channel is CO. It is not possible for me to extend one customer in two distribution channel or in common distribution channel.

Can any one help me by providing some solution for this issue.

Thanks

Surender

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi surrender,

I think this is not possible with out extending or defining common distribution channel and divisions.

you mean to say SP will be having DC: DE

but shipment or SH must have different DC.

i think this is not possible.

balajia

Edited by: balaji timmampalli achari on Dec 21, 2010 11:43 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Surender,

Other than whats suggested by Glynn Williams, you can simply change the Ship to Party Name and Address in the Partners Tab of the Sales Order, if it a one off incident / limited happenings. Or create a new Ship to Party in the Distribution Channel 'DE' and use him in the Sales Order.

No other go. Happy SAPing.

Venkat - Hyd

surendergupta
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

Thanks for valuable suggestion, but this will not meet the business requirement. Since Order execution is in Mass, against oen quotation we have around 500 Sales order, in partner tab this change is not possible..

Business wants

1. SOLD to party & bill to party will have different distribution channel in Sales order

2. Customer code can't be open in common dist. channel & not possible to extend it in some other dist. channel too due to Uniqueness in MDM.

I have tried it by assigning common dist. channel but it is not meeting the requirement.

Thanks

Surender

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Surender

In that case what your business wants is unrealistic in SAP. Since in SAP the sales orders are uniquely created under one sales area (combination of sales org, dist channel and division) so in a way SAP treats this as a primary key. In that case all the partners of the sales order, delivery or invoice need to belong to the same sales area or should be linked through a common distribution channel. Ideally the distribution channel in SAP is built in SAP to make it a specific line of business and SAP thinks that two lines of business cannot really overlap. I dont understand how in MDM this will be a duplication of entry if the customer is extended to two different distribution channel as in this case the customer is overlapping in two different business lines.

Thanks

Indranil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Surender,

Extend the "SOLD TO PARTY" whose dist. channel is DE, to distribution channel CO as well and create the order in CO channel.

or

Extend the "SHIP TO PARTY" whose dist. channel is CO, to distribution channel DE as well and create the order in DE channel.

if you are unsure on which dist channel to use. Look at the transaction - where is the payer CO or DE. My guess is everything should be in DE and just the SHIP to is CO, in this case maybe create a new SHIP to only in DE (not good) or extend the CO customer to DE (possibly better.)

Best regards,

Glynn

surendergupta
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Glynn,

In our organization MDM is there & as per MDM design same customer can't be extended in two dist. channel. And if we create one more customer code, this will completely defeat the MDM process, which is just to avoid customer duplicity.

Now my requirement is i don't want to extend the Customer code in other distribution channel & also don't want to make it common distribution channel.

Is there any thing which we can do to allow the ship to party of different distribution channel other than the sales order distributional channel in SO.

Thanks

Surender

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
don't want to make it common distribution channel

Not necessary but you can assign the distribution channel to common distribution channel in VOR1.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi