cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Batch inconsistency error & loss of data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Almost all of our SFG and FG materials are batch managed. Suddenly we are facing batch inconsistency error which was not there earlier.

When production order confirmation is being done, batches are created and batch characteristics results are entered. But in many cases these batch values are not being updated in MCH1 table and we are facing batch inconsistency error. For example, during UD in Quality, batch inconsistency error is not allowing to pass the lot.

We are rectifying this using BMCC, but the major issue is that after running the transaction all batch characteristics data are lost. So we have to re-enter the results again.

The frequency of this error is too high now, almost 4/5 times a day. As we are approaching Go-Live very very soon, this has become a critical issue.

Please help with suggestions to rectify the problem.

Thanks in advance!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swarnali,

I am also experiencing the same problem in my business scenario.

Have u found any solutions for the issue? If so can you please share the same so that it will solve my issue?

Also i am using BMCC to solve the inconsistency but i want to have a permanent solution....

Regards

Suriyakanthan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

sorry but we could not come up with any permanent solution.

Inconsistency was due to missing object no. in tables while saving order confirmation.

We came up with a work around. We developed a z-table. All characteristic values were being stored in that table also, along with standard one. So in case inconsistency occures, we ran a z-transaction to pick up values from the z-table and the run BMCC to remove inconsistency. So now characteristic values were not lost and need not to re-enter manually.

A bit lengthy process and needs a good ABAPEr. Fortunately we had one! We are also still waiting for a permamnent solution

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your reply...

Anyway i have raised an OSS will wait for a reply from them....

I have also thought of a workaround let me try that too...

Thanks and Regards

Suri

anjuganta
Explorer
0 Kudos

Most of the batch inconsistancies can be fixed using

1. BMCC Tcode ,

2.if it is not working try it in MSC2N ( or MSC2 - Old Transaction code ), click on change Icon and save the transaction without changing the values.

3.On rare occasion the report ZQEVAC20 can also be used to find the stock inconsistancies and fix.

Just a caution, there are some other prgrams which may have negative impact if not used properly.

former_member494495
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try to run the report ZQEVAC20 through SE38 if available in the system.

It will list the batches with inconsistency.

If the above problem is not available implement SNOTE:48815 to include the above program and execute.

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I usually find inconsistencies to be related to specific characteristics, usually those with procedures or functions attached used to infer values or check values. Are you using characteristics in this way at all on the batch?

Is this a brand new system or are you going live with a new business into an existing SAP system? Is there any chance any of the internal tables used by the batch data have been corrupted somehow? The batch characteristic tables are more complicated than most, using a lot of internal pointers to link tables together. If a conversion program or upload program mucked around directly in any of these tables, that could have caused significant problems in your tables.

I'd look to see first if I could find a commonality among the problem batches. I.e a similar characteristic, or same group of classes involved. Maybe the materials were created and classified on the the same day? Something that would indicate the problem. Computer bugs are never random. They just often appear that way!!!

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi FF

Thanks for quick reply.

Actually what we studied is that the inconsistency problem is occuring to the batches those are externally numbered. For interally numbered batches, its working fine. Classification/materials are all fine.

I could not grasp what you mean by "usually those with procedures or functions attached used to infer values or check values". Can you please elaborate?

Thanks!

Swarnali

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I meant variant config characteristics that use an assigned function or procedure to determine the value of the characteristic. Sometimes these can interfere with each other and have problems if say for instance an expected characteristic value is missing or isn't of the right value.

But since you have identified the issue now as being with extrrnally numbered batches I would be looking closely at the internal counters in the various table. I would suspect that somehow you might have existing records in one of the tables that conflict with the external batch number being used. That maybe old records are there that weren't archived properly, or something screwy from a go-live data load. Chances are, somehow you have somehow managed to maybe have two records in a table with the same internal counter or record number. Thus a characteristic might have "two" values, hence the inconsistency.

FF

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Also, as another thought. How are you creating the externally numbered batches? Are they through standard SAP receipts? Or are you possibly using using some custom programs to read in characteristic data from an electronic COA? Or some vendor Idoc?

If the programmer didn't use the SAP Bapi's, or used them incorrectly somehow, it could result in duplicate records or crossed up counters.

FF