cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IT Performanc Reporting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

In IT performance monitoring setup, under General setting --> setting BI System "RFC destination from BI to Solution Manager" is sellected as None. I want to change this RFC but it is greyed out. Can any one suggest me how to change this RFC.

Actually this None RFC was selected by me and i performed the subsequent steps.

Now I want to chagne this RFC.

Also in solman_workcenter --> proactive monitoring , IT performance reporting is greyed out.

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

LisaDeady
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is normal system behaviour that you cannot change the RFC destination to the BI system which is setup. The reason for this is because this destination is used throughout the extractor framework in many area (e.g. in the Root Cause Analysis).

Changing this would also influence all other area which also use this destination. Therefore it is not advisable and if you are sure you wish to change it, then you should be certain that the Solution Manager BI is a separate BW.

If you are sure that you wish to change the setup, then the "normal" procedure to do so is to start the Solution Manager Diagnostics setup where this destination will be set and try the following:

- implement the newest version of SAP Note 1279609

- execute the function module "E2E_CONFIG_WRITE" in your system (solman) with the following parameters:

INPUT_TYPE=SAP_BID

STRINGSTABLE=(Line=0; STRING=BI_CLNT200

- start the setup of IT-Peformance-Reporting again with Content activation.

Now you should be able to see the correct destination in the setup.

Should there be any errors whenever you change the setup to direct to RFC of the BW system, then it is also possible to change the setup back to the NONE RFC using the same steps above.

Hope this helps

Lisa

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lisa,

My problem was already solved. There was no need to change the RFC.

Thanks for your valuable information.

Regards,

Akhilesh.

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

Can you please review SAP Note 1223266 - T performance reporting in SAP Solution Manager

Also have you refernced the help library?

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_sm70ehp1_sp23/helpdata/en/48/d1946703646c80e10000000a42189d/frameset.htm

These resources should assist you configure IT performance monitoring ,

Regards,

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Actually I want to change the "None" RFC but now data is coming with the same RFC. Also tab "IT performance reporting" is also not grey.

Thank you.