cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Estimate how long R3szchk run in TDSHL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Seems in TDSHL, R3szchk runs quite long.

Is there any way to estimate the run time for R3szchk per DB size, usage type, DB type, etc.

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Normally this is a data intensive step and will take time and also there is not possiblity to know howmuch is already done and how much is left, however following steps help in reducing the time considerably -

1) If you had recently updated your DB statistics then during exports you may buy pass executing the DB statistics update step.

2) Using the latest version of SAP Kernel and DBSL library in your source and target system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If I SKIP "update database statistics", the export will take less time?

I looked into DB13, there is no statistcs ran recently. The DB size is over several TB.

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes.

If a DB statistic has not been updated in recent past then it should not be bypassed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Because I always update the statistics, I am not sure what if it is not updated.

Could you please tell us what would be the worst situation if "update statistics" is skipped and no recent "update statistics" done?

Will it fail? Or other consequences?

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Generally it is recommended to keep your DB statistics update in order to accelerate database query on your program or SAP standard program.

If you skip the same the entire process may be slow and not efficient. However as in TDSHL we are not exporting the transaction data (80%) of system data, you may take the risk.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Sandeep_Kumar
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

You can find few hints in this post :